Getting prepared to become a pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tompharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what would be the best way to prepare to become a community pharmacist.
I just passed the Naplex and I want to start looking for jobs but Im not sure if I am ready.
What would I need to know to verify prescriptions. I was thinking about making a list of the top 200 drugs and studying their common doses and dose forms. Do you think that would be enough or is there something that community pharmacies use where I would not need to memorize all that.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering what would be the best way to prepare to become a community pharmacist.
I just passed the Naplex and I want to start looking for jobs but Im not sure if I am ready.
What would I need to know to verify prescriptions. I was thinking about making a list of the top 200 drugs and studying their common doses and dose forms. Do you think that would be enough or is there something that community pharmacies use where I would not need to memorize all that.
Congrats on passing NAPLEX! The regular pharmacy forums would probably be able to help you a lot more with your question versus the residency forums. I'm sure there are a lot of great pharmacists there that can give you better information! :)