Getting started....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drina

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of deciding if and when to apply to a post-bacc program.

I'm 27 now, and waffling hard about whether it's worth it. How has going back to school affected family and spouse? Is it doable? Can I get married and not have to put off the post-bacc another year?

The people in my life are too intimately involved, and I have one half pushing, and the other pulling. I know I eventually have to make the decision for myself, but I'd like someone else's experience, even if MMMV.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about post-bacc, but I went back to school for a double-science degree at the age of 35. I took 29-21 credits a semester, including at least two labs a semester, and I have a husband who works crazy hours and two children (one not in school yet when I started). It's doable... but your spouse has to understand that sometimes you have to study, and you have to understand that you have to make time for your family, too. :)

Good luck!

I graduated with my bachelors degree with one child, and graduated medical school with two children. It can be done.