GI Fellowship swap

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gut Girl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please help! I am a 1st year fellow in a GI program which I love (on the west coast).

For personal reasons I may need to move to the east coast (Boston) for my 3rd year of fellowship (2011-2012).

Do people change fellowship programs? If so, how do I find out about position openings? I am hesitant to discuss this with my current program director if it is not a possibility, but at the same time do not want to seem that I am "sneaking around"...

Please advise!!! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if there are any open 2nd year spots anywhere and how one would go about finding them?
And are you interested in swapping (if that's possible) with someone from a program in the southeast?

Does anyone know if there are any open 2nd year spots anywhere and how one would go about finding them?
And are you interested in swapping (if that's possible) with someone from a program in the southeast?

I am in Cali looking to possibly head to either Boston or South Alabama.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would Tennessee be an option for you?

Unfortunately Tennessee is too far... :( Thanks though. Looking to transfer to South Alabama

I am an anesthesia resident doing my fellowship next year in boston. My husband is doing his GI fellowship in NY... would anyone in a GI fellowship in boston be willing to swap for ny. He is in his first year, but will start second year in july.. or does anyone know if there any open spots in GI for second year in boston.. :)

Gut girl, 1234

have you had any luck finding positions? just curious, as i may be doing the same in a year..

Member 1901. Are you looking to swap GI fellowships?

Hi
any one looking to move to 2nd yr position GI in NY area?

Hi, I am a 2 nd year GI fellow in NY and for personal reasons need to move to west coast, Arizona or Midwest for my third year. If anyone is interested please let me know ASAP. Thank you

Please help! I am a 1st year fellow in a GI program which I love (on the west coast).

For personal reasons I may need to move to the east coast (Boston) for my 3rd year of fellowship (2011-2012).

Do people change fellowship programs? If so, how do I find out about position openings? I am hesitant to discuss this with my current program director if it is not a possibility, but at the same time do not want to seem that I am "sneaking around"...

Please advise!!! Thanks!
Hi were you able to find any forums wherein we could find places with vacancies in GI?