About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gift for speech pathology student

Discussion in 'Speech Pathology [ Ph.D. ]' started by soulofmpatel, Jan 16, 2011.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. soulofmpatel

soulofmpatel

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    my girlfriend is applying for speech pathology school, and I want to get her a gift for valentine's day. Is there any kind of diagnostic kit or something in the field that she would likely appreciate?

-thanks
  2. SLP

SLP

SDN 2+ Year Member
    not really, get her some flowers and chocolates
  3. RemiJP

RemiJP

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    This is a cute little oral mech exam kit. I know I'm always buying a new pen light! http://www.asha.org/eweb/OLSDynamicPage.aspx?Webcode=olsdetails&title=NSSLHA+Oral+Mech+Kit

Another idea would be to buy her a big tote bag that she can use for therapy materials. If she's working with kids, you could fill it with some kid stuff. Bubbles, play dough, Mr. Potato Head, markers, noisemakers, puzzles, and kids books are things I use all the time with my clients.

Very thoughtful of you!
  4. NinjaKiwi

NinjaKiwi Currently RN

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I did the same and added quite a few stuffed animals for the tote: seems like we ended up with hundreds of them! I also put in lots of flashlights, batteries and lots of other "diagnostic" tools she needed.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  5. MSCCCSLP

MSCCCSLP

What a sweet idea! I would love any of "The Source" books on linguisystems.com, they are a nice general reference for various disorders and treatment ideas.