About the ads

Gift idea's for a PT student

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by RollTideMD, Jan 15, 2013.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. RollTideMD

RollTideMD

Pre-Medical

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    My girlfriend just started PT school and her birthday is coming up, so I am trying to get her some useful gifts this year. I was wondering what are some gifts ideas you recommend since you've been there and gone through or are going through PT school. Thanks.
  2. Jarrodmac10

Jarrodmac10

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    1. Goniometers
    http://www.amazon.com/Goniometer-Pi...1358295697&sr=8-1&keywords=3 piece goniometer

2. Reflex Hammer

3. Amazon Gift Card

4. CN Test Kit

Good Luck!!
  3. jesspt

jesspt

DPT / OTD
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    A bottle of wine ( or 12).
  4. callmecrazy

callmecrazy

DPT / OTD
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    +1 for the wine! As a student I also loved coffee shop gift cards, gift cards for food near campus, and massage gift cards. A PT student can never have too many of any of those.
  5. greco13

greco13 SPT, ATC

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Secrets, 2e [Paperback]
  6. elmcd77

elmcd77

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    Seriously? If my boyfriend got me most of these items, I would not be excited (minus maybe the amazon gift card). In fact, I'd probably cry. School is hard and it's not always amazing. Get her something to take her mind off of school. A massage, pass to a gym or yoga studio, fun date night with a play or show involved. The wine is also a great idea. Pamper her!

My school gave us most of these PT items as well and also mentioned that whatever clinic we are in should have them anyway.
  7. goyo1010

goyo1010 Muahahaha

DPT / OTD
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    If she's one of those hardcore PT students, then the goniometers, reflex hammer, previously stated books/guides, "fashionable scrubs", a tablet/tablet pc/laptop, lol

If it were me? Massages, wine, beer, movie/theatre tickets, game tickets, anything non-PT school related. lol
  8. Jarrodmac10

Jarrodmac10

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    OP mentioned "useful gifts".
  9. elmcd77

elmcd77

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    I agree with what he asked for, and I did not mean to insult you in any way, but I wanted the OP to know that when you are in PT school, you really don't want the one day of year that is your special day to be about PT school. I like school to a point, but I love my time away, and I think the OP can make a bigger impact with a gift with many of the other ones listed. Sorry if that came out bad, it was truly my knee jerk reaction!
  10. Jarrodmac10

Jarrodmac10

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I understand. What you had mentioned earlier would be great gifts, this coming from a person who just completed their first semester of PT school.
  11. Azimuthal

Azimuthal Ninja Zombie Slayer

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Spare shoes for cadaver lab - like the nurse shoes, gift card for books (amazon, Abe's, half.com, etc.), gym clothes, bikini tops and your personal encouragement.

The school should be providing students with personal gonis, reflex hammers, blood pressure cuffs, etc.
  12. PTMattI

PTMattI

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    4 extra hours each day.
  13. NewTestament

NewTestament

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Definitely nothing related to PT school. If she's like me and doesn't care about much except PT school, then a good idea would be an amazon.com gift card so she can buy textbooks. Otherwise, tell your GF that you'll pamper her for an entire day and write her a nice letter.

Kevin
  14. HouseDPT

HouseDPT

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    I like this one very much. Hahaha.