Gift idea's for a PT student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RollTideMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend just started PT school and her birthday is coming up, so I am trying to get her some useful gifts this year. I was wondering what are some gifts ideas you recommend since you've been there and gone through or are going through PT school. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

A bottle of wine ( or 12).

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 for the wine! As a student I also loved coffee shop gift cards, gift cards for food near campus, and massage gift cards. A PT student can never have too many of any of those.

Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Secrets, 2e [Paperback]

1. Goniometers
http://www.amazon.com/Goniometer-Pi...1358295697&sr=8-1&keywords=3+piece+goniometer

2. Reflex Hammer

3. Amazon Gift Card

4. CN Test Kit

Good Luck!!

Seriously? If my boyfriend got me most of these items, I would not be excited (minus maybe the amazon gift card). In fact, I'd probably cry. School is hard and it's not always amazing. Get her something to take her mind off of school. A massage, pass to a gym or yoga studio, fun date night with a play or show involved. The wine is also a great idea. Pamper her!

My school gave us most of these PT items as well and also mentioned that whatever clinic we are in should have them anyway.

My girlfriend just started PT school and her birthday is coming up, so I am trying to get her some useful gifts this year. I was wondering what are some gifts ideas you recommend since you've been there and gone through or are going through PT school. Thanks.

If she's one of those hardcore PT students, then the goniometers, reflex hammer, previously stated books/guides, "fashionable scrubs", a tablet/tablet pc/laptop, lol

If it were me? Massages, wine, beer, movie/theatre tickets, game tickets, anything non-PT school related. lol

Seriously? If my boyfriend got me most of these items, I would not be excited (minus maybe the amazon gift card). In fact, I'd probably cry. School is hard and it's not always amazing. Get her something to take her mind off of school. A massage, pass to a gym or yoga studio, fun date night with a play or show involved. The wine is also a great idea. Pamper her!

My school gave us most of these PT items as well and also mentioned that whatever clinic we are in should have them anyway.

OP mentioned "useful gifts".

OP mentioned "useful gifts".

I agree with what he asked for, and I did not mean to insult you in any way, but I wanted the OP to know that when you are in PT school, you really don't want the one day of year that is your special day to be about PT school. I like school to a point, but I love my time away, and I think the OP can make a bigger impact with a gift with many of the other ones listed. Sorry if that came out bad, it was truly my knee jerk reaction!

I agree with what he asked for, and I did not mean to insult you in any way, but I wanted the OP to know that when you are in PT school, you really don't want the one day of year that is your special day to be about PT school. I like school to a point, but I love my time away, and I think the OP can make a bigger impact with a gift with many of the other ones listed. Sorry if that came out bad, it was truly my knee jerk reaction!

I understand. What you had mentioned earlier would be great gifts, this coming from a person who just completed their first semester of PT school.

Spare shoes for cadaver lab - like the nurse shoes, gift card for books (amazon, Abe's, half.com, etc.), gym clothes, bikini tops and your personal encouragement.

The school should be providing students with personal gonis, reflex hammers, blood pressure cuffs, etc.

Definitely nothing related to PT school. If she's like me and doesn't care about much except PT school, then a good idea would be an amazon.com gift card so she can buy textbooks. Otherwise, tell your GF that you'll pamper her for an entire day and write her a nice letter.

Kevin