Give Me Some Advice Please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phatty925

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone- any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

i'm applying to 20 schools for entrance in 2004 (all of my apps were submitted by mid-sept) and so far, i have 3 interviews.

i was also going to apply to loyola, but got their secondary really late and didn't end up filling it out b/c it had six essays...applying to loyola would make my list 21 schools. loyola is not a top choice of mine....i would much rather go to two of the schools i got an interview from than to loyola.

the question is: should i bother applying to loyola just to be on the safe side? is it too late right now? i also heard from a friend that they only accept 50% out of state.

what do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

i was in the same boat as you and was contemplating on sending the loyola secondary or not, i really wasn't in the mood to "thoughtfully" answer six in-depth essay questions. however, i eventually forced myself to complete their secondary and send it out, just to increase my options. to be really honest with you, it wasn't that bad. the questions may seem really dense but i was able to formulate my responses quickly, and i referred back to previous responses of similar questions. my advice, send it out, it can't hurt. keep in mind, 50% out of staters is still a pretty decent amount. i don't really know too much about the school, i know its a jesuit institution, kind of like georgetown. anyway, good luck with it if you decide to fill it out. if you need any specific help on the questions, PM me, i'll be glad to help out. peace.