glasses or contacts for interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glasses or contacts?

• Glasses

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • Contacts

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

howui3

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
should i wear glasses or contacts for my interview?

what do you guys think.

Members don't see this ad.

wear rec specs :laugh:

howui3 said:
should i wear glasses or contacts for my interview?

what do you guys think.

whichever you like...I don't think it will make a big difference. I'll wear glasses eventhough my lenses are so thick. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
To complicate the matter, it may have to do with your overall dress. I always think it is safe to go for the nerd look, whatever that may be for you.

Ultimately go for the one that make you feel the most confident in.

Good luck

Honey, be yourself. Do what makes you comfortable.

Unless the glasses are grandpappy style, big framed, thick old things, wear em.

Makes you look alot smarter ;).

are u judged based on your looks? yes.. go with what u think may impress them . but yeah most importantly, be comfortable and yourself.

People tell me i look really sexy with my glasses on. But if i wear contacts, girls (meaning ladies) start jumping all on top of me and i don't want that happening at the interview.

drengineer said:
People tell me i look really sexy with my glasses on. But if i wear contacts, girls (meaning ladies) start jumping all on top of me and i don't want that happening at the interview.

Man I feel ya. I have the same problem. I swear it's the Axe effect.

aphistis said:
Split the difference. Wear a monocle.

Now that will make quite an impression!

Seriously, wear whatever you like. I wear glasses and so do a number of my classmates and professors. Trust me, adcoms are far more interested in your character and interpersonal skills than the fine-tunings of your appearance. Go in with a smile and confidence and knock 'em dead. ;)

thanks for the imput, with the vote so close (right now 22 glasses and 25 contacts) i will alternate!

cheers!

howui3 said:
thanks for the imput, with the vote so close (right now 22 glasses and 25 contacts) i will alternate!

cheers!

if you have some $expensive$ fine made Italian glasses, wear them......if you got 200 dollar glasses from walmart...wear contacts

I dont need glasses or contacts, so I'll just be wearin my cheap sunglasses.

As long as the glasses don't look like this and are sufficiently stylish.. you should be ok to wear them..

6530860_NerdGlasses_200.jpg

burton117 said:
As long as the glasses don't look like this and are sufficiently stylish.. you should be ok to wear them..

6530860_NerdGlasses_200.jpg

oh oh.I am in trouble. My glasses look just like that. ouch!

does this poll apply to girls as well?

Just get Lasik surgery and don't bother with either!

What's 3-5k extra when you're going to have 100k+ debt anyway!

i have been wearing contacts for 5 years.. and haven't really updated my glasses in 6 years.. i want to get new ones.. what you guys recommend :)