Glaucoma fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FDT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any body applying for glaucoma fellowship this year? how many programs have you heard from sofar?

Members don't see this ad.

I guess we're the 2 lone wolves who are interested enough in posting on this site...I don't know if that's from lack of interest in sharing info, or lack of people applying!

Have you hit the interview trail yet?

I had 1 so far, with a few pending.
Notified by the following so far:
Iowa
Wills
Bascom Palmer
Pitt
Penn/Scheie
Mt. Sinai
UC Davis
Utah
Yale
OHSU/Devers

It's required a bit of juggling to make arrangements to go to these, but I hope I'll hear good news in December!

It kind of surprised me too that I didn't get any reply..

I 've heard from

1- IOWA
2- NEEI
3- Wills
4- Bascom
5- Baylor
6- UCSF

and rejection from UCLA:mad:

I only applied for 14 programs, but I guess we should here from rest of them soon..

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you interviewed in Iowa yet?

I will go to my first one this comming friday..

I went to Iowa last month. They were extremely nice, and the format was informal. No difficult questions. Not much emphasis on research. The drawbacks to me were 1. little to no cataract surgery, 2. homogeneous patient population, 3. small town. Obviously, the faculty are outstanding, and it would still be a great place to train. The current fellow Reid is a great guy, and will answer any questions you ask with total honesty. I hope you enjoy your visit!