Global Med Track Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GlobalMedStudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am a global health student and we are required to do research. I am thrilled at the opportunity but lost for direction. I know my interests are in public health, preventative medicine, and medical education for underserved communities. Interested to hear from other students doing research in these areas to get ideas/collaborate. Some of my questions would be: What resources did you use to get started, how did you pin down a hypothesis, what resources in the location your working did you use, and what study methods did you find/are you finding most effective, and so on. I did a little research in undergrad but not clinical or epidemiological.

Feel free to PM as well.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I am a global health student and we are required to do research. I am thrilled at the opportunity but lost for direction. I know my interests are in public health, preventative medicine, and medical education for underserved communities. Interested to hear from other students doing research in these areas to get ideas/collaborate. Some of my questions would be: What resources did you use to get started, how did you pin down a hypothesis, what resources in the location your working did you use, and what study methods did you find/are you finding most effective, and so on. I did a little research in undergrad but not clinical or epidemiological.

Feel free to PM as well.
Thanks

Would say a very important part of figuring out what you'd want to do for this type of work is the peruse the literature.

Beyond that, I would also try to contact any prior global med track students and see how they approached their project. Additionally perhaps approaching or contacting participating faculty not only within your school but perhaps other schools in which public health and global health is an aspect of their education. IMO having such a mentor in the field is greatly beneficial (I work in a lab as well and take after my PI in terms of how they approach their projects, for aims, and see the grand scheme of things in terms of their contribution to the literature and scientific community).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user