God ^%#* Schools!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm so mad!!!

Here i am waiting wondering if my schools' received my scores... when am i gonna get an invite...etc...

only to find out that one of them doesn't want the scores sent directly to them, and wants it sent thru pharmcas!!!!!!! hartcourt shouldn't have the option to send it to the school then!! so now i have to spend another $20 to send to pharmcas..and god knows how long that will take :smuggrin:

this school had a dec. 1st deadline, and this better not ruin my chances there!!!!

grrrrrrrrrr!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I somewhat agree. There are many schools on that list that don't even require a pcat score (like University of Toronto, Calgary etc). There is no point of having a list of schools, that don't even look at the PCAT scores. They should definitely edit it!

THAT'S HAPPENED TO ME TOO!!!!!!!!1 and it was too late.. the closed teh apps AFTER i had found out. sigh..hehehehe but this year i did it differently... pharmcas shoul realyl make taht clear

I'm so mad!!!

Here i am waiting wondering if my schools' received my scores... when am i gonna get an invite...etc...

only to find out that one of them doesn't want the scores sent directly to them, and wants it sent thru pharmcas!!!!!!! hartcourt shouldn't have the option to send it to the school then!! so now i have to spend another $20 to send to pharmcas..and god knows how long that will take :smuggrin:

this school had a dec. 1st deadline, and this better not ruin my chances there!!!!

grrrrrrrrrr!!

I agree.... There should not be an option to send PCAT scores to schools that only want to receive them from PharmCAS. This causes confusion. I sent mine to the schools and PharmCAS, but I only needed to send them to PharmCAS.

pharmcas could care less about the confusion because the money keeps coming in!!! I wouldn't be surprised if they did it on purpose.

What was your reading comprehension score?

forcedentry, greenmonster and loneranger-- i realize you're trying to be funny, but i don't appreciate this wry sense of humor. it's really unnecessary to make a frustrating situation worse by your insensitivity. Thank God your not becoming docs...i can only imagine what your bedside manner would be like.

this is message board is for us to support each other, and exhange info, vent frustrations... not make comments like this . And by the way, forcedentry...this is the second time you've made some snide remark in response to a post of mine... In the future, choose yoru words wisely, or stay silent.

tungster, 143, MP-

I feel like this whole process is made to be difficultt and ambiguous from school to school just so that they can cut down on the applications reviewed. A bunch of school websites say that applications that are incomplete are not reviewed/given consideration...

I mean, when you register for the test, you're not thinking of which school will accept these scores, or wants reports...you're just trying to get through the registration/studying hurdle... at least that's how it was for me...

harcourt & pharmcas can do more to make the application process more standardized...if they work together.

forcedentry, greenmonster and loneranger-- i realize you're trying to be funny, but i don't appreciate this wry sense of humor. it's really unnecessary to make a frustrating situation worse by your insensitivity. Thank God your not becoming docs...i can only imagine what your bedside manner would be like.

this is message board is for us to support each other, and exhange info, vent frustrations... not make comments like this . And by the way, forcedentry...this is the second time you've made some snide remark in response to a post of mine... In the future, choose yoru words wisely, or stay silent.

I chose these words wisely:
You fail to read the specific requirements for each school you applied, you fail to read the Pharmcas disclaimer reminding you to check the specific requirements for each school, and then you have the gall to come here to "vent" your fustrations by cursing the school and pharmcas for YOUR shortcomings. And you think I have the problem? You want us to feel sympathy for you? Haha! I don't think so. Making a mistake is okay. Blaming others for it is not.

Try again DrSal.

I agree.... There should not be an option to send PCAT scores to schools that only want to receive them from PharmCAS. This causes confusion. I sent mine to the schools and PharmCAS, but I only needed to send them to PharmCAS.

My school uses both options. The GPPA students (early assurance) submit their scores directly to UIC Pharmacy, but the regular admissions students submit through PharmCAS. I don't know if other schools do this.

Drsal said:
I mean, when you register for the test, you're not thinking of which school will accept these scores, or wants reports...you're just trying to get through the registration/studying hurdle... at least that's how it was for me...
So are you simply taking the test just for fun or to see how you can do? I don't understand why you think like this; this doesn't make any sense to me.

Also, I don't think this is the place for you to vent your frustrations. Sorry, but it's just not that difficult. All you have to do is read the pharmacy school's website you would like to apply to, then submit all the necessary documents to the necessary places, and you've applied. It's really not rocket science, and personally, I think the PharmCAS website makes applying so much easier, just more expensive.

If you think applying to pharmacy school is hard, lord forbid what you'll think of pharmacy school classes. You're right when you say these boards are for supporting each other, and helping each other during this time of their life, but there is nothing much any of us can say to you right now except to take care of your business and don't curse the process just because you don't like it. We all have to do it.

So are you simply taking the test just for fun or to see how you can do? I don't understand why you think like this; this doesn't make any sense to me.

Also, I don't think this is the place for you to vent your frustrations. Sorry, but it's just not that difficult. All you have to do is read the pharmacy school's website you would like to apply to, then submit all the necessary documents to the necessary places, and you've applied. It's really not rocket science, and personally, I think the PharmCAS website makes applying so much easier, just more expensive.

If you think applying to pharmacy school is hard, lord forbid what you'll think of pharmacy school classes. You're right when you say these boards are for supporting each other, and helping each other during this time of their life, but there is nothing much any of us can say to you right now except to take care of your business and don't curse the process just because you don't like it. We all have to do it.

I happen to agree. I do believe every school's page that I have looked at very specifically said to submit directly to pharmCAS. Everyone else didn't seem to have a problem doing it. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the fact that each school explains their process on their websites (and if they don't, it is the student's responsibility to find out). However, if an official score report is sent directly from Harcourt to the school, does the school throw it in the trash? That would sound preposterous. I would think they would at least have the decency to contact you and explain to you that an official score must be received from Harcourt.

Everyone has made mistakes. This is obviously a stressful time for everyone, especially if you realize you overlooked something that could affect your chances of being accepted to a school. I think everyone should back off.

I would call the schools directly and ask them what you should do. Maybe they will accept your scores being added to your PharmCAS application late.

GOOD LUCK

Everyone has made mistakes. This is obviously a stressful time for everyone, especially if you realize you overlooked something that could affect your chances of being accepted to a school. I think everyone should back off.

I would call the schools directly and ask them what you should do. Maybe they will accept your scores being added to your PharmCAS application late.

GOOD LUCK

What's so stressful about it? Either you get accepted or you don't. If you don't you either reapply or do something else. There's really not much more to it than that.

When you call the schools, please tell me what they say, because if they don't tell you to follow their directions, I may have to scream.

What's so stressful about it? Either you get accepted or you don't. If you don't you either reapply or do something else. There's really not much more to it than that.

When you call the schools, please tell me what they say, because if they don't tell you to follow their directions, I may have to scream.

Wow. It must be nice to think about things in such simple black and white terms. That's great.

I'll be sure to follow up with you. You have so many great insights it's astounding.

Wow. It must be nice to think about things in such simple black and white terms. That's great.

I'll be sure to follow up with you. You have so many great insights it's astounding.

Nice contribution. :thumbup:

Nice contribution. :thumbup:

This thread was started by someone who has a legitimate concern about whether or not schools would receive their PCAT scores on time.

It was then dismissed and laughed at. Those, I would say, are hardly productive contributions.

For people who are going into a healthcare profession, some people on this board are completely insensitive and actually hostile to each other.

How disappointing.

This thread was started by someone who has a legitimate concern about whether or not schools would receive their PCAT scores on time.

It was then dismissed and laughed at. Those, I would say, are hardly productive contributions.

For people who are going into a healthcare profession, some people on this board are completely insensitive and actually hostile to each other.

How disappointing.

This thread was discounted much like many threads on this message board are, because it wasn't a question that any of us could answer. Someone started a thread recently asking if you get a BMW as a sign on bonus for being a pharmacist. What is that? I think it's similar to this.

If you want to know if your late PCAT scores will make your application complete for a certain pharmacy schools deadline, why would you ask a bunch of pre-pharm applicants and not ask someone at that school?

You think that pre-med, pre-pharm, and pre-whatever health care professional students are nice to each other? Think again. If you don't believe me, try sitting in on an organic chemistry class sometime and see if any of those students are nice to you. I personally don't agree with the way that it is, but I'm not sitting here CURSING this fact of life because I don't like it. That's just how it is.

How disappointing.

Welcome to grown-up world. Keep your hands and keep inside the vehicle at all times...

I was done responding to this thread, but i see we've gone on a tangent, and i'd like to wrap it up before i ask the mods to close this thread.

This is for those posters that exhibited unacceptable sarcastic behavior:

I believe this thread would've fulfilled its purpose had the few people who were in my situation responded, and those few others, TOO DUMB to figure it out on their own (per your implications), alerted to the fact that perhaps they should send their scores to Pharmcas cuz some schools don't accept it when it's directly sent to them.

All others who are getting their egos massaged by putting down other anonymous posters on a random message board, should really go out there and get a life!

Good for you for reading those school websites- some of us have jobs, and lives, and don't live on SDN, and make mistakes!! And when this happened to me, and i figured out what i had done, i wanted to get on here, and let other people know so they don't make the same mistake.

I was NOT looking for pity, or sympathy, or sarcasm, or hostility, or immaturity, or looking to make you feel good about yourselves for being able to read pharm school websites!!

If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing when I applied for the PCAT the first time. Pharmcas was the first choice in the column, so I checked it without thinking instead of scrolling down a long list to the U's. It happens, you pay the extra $20, get pissed about it for awhile and have to pay the interest on your credit card. It sucks, I was pissed too. It's bad enough you've got enough stress thinking about whether your good enough to be accepted, and it's even more stressful to think you might not get in because you did something wrong on your application. I get it, and a lot of other people do too. You weren't the first, and you won't be the last.

I did the same thing. I agree its quite irritating... I don't understand why'd they would have the option there if.. yeah.

Am I an idiot? I don't think so :rolleyes: .. Its just I had PCATs to study for, 3 midterms and a couple of last minute apps to send in at the time. I think it IS definately a stressful time and its a process I never would want to go through again (and thankfull I don't because I got accepted to a school already).

Neither acetyl, or myself were implying anyone was an idiot. In fact, I did the same thing (my elections were pharmcas and UF when I only needed pharmcas).

The point was the ire of the original post was misdirected. I am sure that if were worded differently, the sarcastic replies wouldn't have followed.

Now to the offended I offer one thing...you better thicken your skin and extricate the huge stick from your colon or else you will never make it in a professional school, let alone a healthcare profession. Learn to laugh at yourself.

I still want to know what is DrSal's reading comprehension score. :smuggrin:

Brief Update-

Things have improved! Pharmcas got my scores, and things are looking good again! :)

In fact, forcedentry, you're quite good...my reading comp score was my lowest sub-section, 70%, although i felt pretty confident after that section.

And now i seem to be seeing things everywhere about sending your scores to pharmcas- oh well... c'est la vie ;)

I want you guys to know that I'm not offended, it was just not the nicest thing to say, and i chose to let it get to me, and chose to participate in your silliness and respond.

Anyhoo, best of luck in your endeavours! :luck:

"...try sitting in on an organic chemistry class sometime and see if any of those students are nice to you."

Well...Everybody was nice to each other at the college where I took Organic Chem. Maybe you should try taking it at a college or a university instead of junior high if everybody was mean to you acetyl.

Hang in there Dr. Sal! Ignore the haters. Glad to see things are improving. Think of it as a learning experience :)

"...try sitting in on an organic chemistry class sometime and see if any of those students are nice to you."

Well...Everybody was nice to each other at the college where I took Organic Chem. Maybe you should try taking it at a college or a university instead of junior high if everybody was mean to you acetyl.

Did you go to a community college where everyone thought they were going to pharmacy school, and then maybe, one of them did? And how did you know if people were nice to each other? The class size at my university was over 300 people.

Please do not misintrept what I say. Not being nice to someone, and being mean to someone, are like apples and oranges. They are completely different things.

I guess, acetyl, that we all have a lot to learn from you. Thank you for imparting your wisdom and years of experience on all of us. What would we do without you?
Along with ForcedEntry - you two seem to think you "know it all", along with deciding what is, and what is not, an appropriate question or concern to express on this message board.
Why are you so bitter?

I guess, acetyl, that we all have a lot to learn from you. Thank you for imparting your wisdom and years of experience on all of us. What would we do without you?
Along with ForcedEntry - you two seem to think you "know it all", along with deciding what is, and what is not, an appropriate question or concern to express on this message board.
Why are you so bitter?

I don't know why you think I have an attitude that I "know it all." Maybe you're intimidated, I don't know (<--did you read that?).

I do think, however, that cursing a simple process is not appropriate, and understand that nothing about the thread was malicious. It was simply a way to vent frustration, but I thought it wasn't a good way to do that. Since then, I've enjoyed arguing about pointless things, and by your recent response I think you do too.

Bah. I want to know MPBenJ's reading comprehension score. He/she obviously didn't understand what I wrote.