Going back to school to finish pre-reqs for med school. Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

INerd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I graduated summer 08' and now i'm going back to school this fall to take my pre-reqs for medical school. I already have taken some of the pre-reqs (Bio I, Calc I & II) for medical school about 4-5 years ago. Should I retake these courses? To be honest I do not remember much from these classes. Any help will be appreciated greatly.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I graduated summer 08' and now i'm going back to school this fall to take my pre-reqs for medical school. I already have taken some of the pre-reqs (Bio I, Calc I & II) for medical school about 4-5 years ago. Should I retake these courses? To be honest I do not remember much from these classes. Any help will be appreciated greatly.

Thanks!

Just buy the book for bio II which is also likely the book used for bio I. Skim through whatever the school covers in bio I. I'll come back in time with bio II. You don't/won't need to take/retake calculus since that's not tested. You'll just of course need the four chemistries and two physics. You'll then have people providing you with their philosophies of why certain added science courses are useful/necessary such as physiology, genetics, microbiology, pathophysiology, immunology, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, blah blah blah.

Definitely don't retake Bio I! Just be aware that you'll probably need to spend a little extra time on it for content review for the MCAT...though you'll probably get much of it in Bio II. And definitely don't worry about calculus. Even the calculus based physics classes, if you're taking those, don't tend to use much calc. unless you take the engineering ones.

Good luck! I had my bio pre-reqs closer to 10 yrs ago and it was not a problem.

Hello,

Thanks!

How were your grades in these classes?? I dont think i would retake them unless I got Bs or Cs in them. Also, BioI is just reading the textbook. Look over the text before you start bioII and you should be fine.

Good luck!