Going back to undergrad with a GPA of 2.3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crows

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am 24, and currently considering going back to school to finish my undergraduate. I would be going back with a 2.3-2.4 GPA; I left the winter of my sophomore year, so around 45-50 credit hours. My GPA was actually a 3.8 first semester as a architectural major, but due to family illness/me getting bronchitis then pneumonia/financial problems which led to me becoming unfocused. Oh I also crashed and totaled my car which made my decision to leave college. (Just to give a feel of how I do in sci, I have never gotten lower than an A- in high school for sci... except my sophomore year, got a b+ in bio when I tried weed... I really don't well with sophomore years)

Now my question is: what are my options? OR even better, which path is the best for me? (excluding DO, PA... etc I mean path to getting toward MD school time not being a problem) I know getting good grade is part of it. I probably must get at least 3.8 each semester (ideally 4.0...). Even IFFF I supposedly get all As in all my classes, I believe I would get a 3.3... but most likely 3.1-3.2... what should I consider: Post bacc/ SMP or grad school after undergraduate????

I know at this point is it hard for me to really plan anything as I'm not done with undergraduate, but I want to be prepare.

I wanna thank anyone who has given any advise ahead of time!! =D Hope this isn't too much trouble.

Happy new year BTW!!! think it's around midnight by now in us

ohhh I'm out of us right now, but went to school in us... just to clear that up

Members don't see this ad.

Just start the classes and get very good grades. You have time to see how they go before you find out if you get to turn down your nose at DO schools. A 2.3 will be like swimming with a kettlebell around your neck if you aren't using DO grade replacement but by all means go for it.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought; guess I'll just have to work hard.

I'm not completely turning down DO school; just wanted to aim for MD. DO will definitely be a back up plan.

Ace everything from now on, including MCAT.

Now my question is: what are my options? OR even better, which path is the best for me? (excluding DO, PA... etc I mean path to getting toward MD school time not being a problem) I know getting good grade is part of it. I probably must get at least 3.8 each semester (ideally 4.0...). Even IFFF I supposedly get all As in all my classes, I believe I would get a 3.3... but most likely 3.1-3.2... what should I consider: Post bacc/ SMP or grad school after undergraduate????

Reactions: 1 user