going for that retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

irule285

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got my scores back today from the 6/18 test.
B/B 127
C/P 126
Cars 122 :(
Psych 125

I've been studying even after I took the exam and I feel like my biggest problem is that I have a hard time fully understanding the science passages especially one with a lot of data involved. So i'm looking for practice passages that are similar to the actual exam i.e. contain concepts from different disciplines. Any suggestion??? I saw Gold standard's online question bank that contained a lot of passages? Any experience with that?
I already finished the AAMC section banks.

Members don't see this ad.

Go with EK, though they are $50 each. 3 and 4 are newer than 1 and 2.

All of their passages contain experimental data.

Reactions: 1 user
Do the old AAMC VR FLs and do EK 4 and 3 and then if you can 1 and 2. I would also use TPR for Verbal. Their passages are boring and convoluted and a pain in the ass and I found them the most helpful after the AAMC. EK was way too interesting.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol, I wish I knew where to get AAMC 11 though, oh well. I personally would say that if you have the time, these are better than the question packs since you have more verbal.
You are the man! If I get the 517 the first person I am dedicating my score to is you!!

I really hope you crushed it!!

EDIT: I heard that some of the old verbal for AAMC wasnt relevant to the new CARS. What are your thoughts on that? Also I noticed that the solutions to verbal are from TPR. How come they are not from AAMC and is there a way to verify that these answers are correct?

Last edited:
You are the man! If I get the 517 the first person I am dedicating my score to is you!!

I really hope you crushed it!!

EDIT: I heard that some of the old verbal for AAMC wasnt relevant to the new CARS. What are your thoughts on that?
The content definitely isn't relevant (I had a passage on plant life cycles) but the questions and answers are exactly the same so it promotes the same type of thinking the AAMC requires you to have so it still more useful than any test prep verbal.

Oh and thanks, I appreciate it =) , I'll let you know how it goes.

The content definitely isn't relevant (I had a passage on plant life cycles) but the questions and answers are exactly the same so it promotes the same type of thinking the AAMC requires you to have so it still more useful than any test prep verbal.

Oh and thanks, I appreciate it =) , I'll let you know how it goes.
gotcha, thats what I was thinking. I heard that the social science passages were essentially the same and the natural science passages were all that was taken out. How do you know that the answer explanations are valid since they are from TPR rather than AAMC?

gotcha, thats what I was thinking. I heard that the social science passages were essentially the same and the natural science passages were all that was taken out. How do you know that the answer explanations are valid since they are from TPR rather than AAMC?

I'm talking about the old AAMC FLs, those explanations are from the AAMC. Right? I thought they were since I recall some of the passages being the same in CARS 1 and CARS 2 as the AAMC FL and that the solutions were the same. I am pretty sure.

I'm talking about the old AAMC FLs, those explanations are from the AAMC. Right? I thought they were since I recall some of the passages being the same in CARS 1 and CARS 2 as the AAMC FL and that the solutions were the same. I am pretty sure.
I am referring to the old verbal passages in the old AAMC Fl's yep. When you go to the solutions document, all of them begin with an acknowledgment to TPR.

Huh never realized it. I still think they are worth doing because the questions are written by AAMC and the answers are correct. AAMC must not have given solutions then. I personally found TPR verbal to be pretty good. Real test felt like a mix of TPR and EK so still think Old FL > Everything else.

yeah I doubt TPR would sell answers to the old AAMC Fl's that are wrong lol. Thanks. Please let me know how you do, I am rooting for you hardcore!!

yeah I doubt TPR would sell answers to the old AAMC Fl's that are wrong lol. Thanks. Please let me know how you do, I am rooting for you hardcore!!

Yeah. And thanks, I appreciate the support! I'll be sure to let you know in 20 days. One thing I did forget when I advising your schedule is that you might want to have built in fail weeks - that is, safety nets in case you get behind or burned out and need a break.

Yeah. And thanks, I appreciate the support! I'll be sure to let you know in 20 days. One thing I did forget when I advising your schedule is that you might want to have built in fail weeks - that is, safety nets in case you get behind or burned out and need a break.
I feel that! since I am studying in July now for an April test date I think that is fail safe enough lol, but I will keep that in mind!