Going into engineering, interested in anesthesiology assistant

moemoekyun

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

Hi, I'm applying for med school now, but I'm asking for my sister. She's going into her junior year, and while she's taking engineering classes, planning to major in it, she's also thinking about going into anesthesiology assistant. She plans to talk with the hospitals I shadow at to shadow the AAs next summer before senior year, and I want to help her out.
Some info:
Taking AP, dual enrollment (taking all college level this upcoming school year), all As, >4.0 weighted, allegedly #1 in class, plans to take college level intro to health, med terms, involved with TSA, NHS, applying to mentor freshmen, planning to join HOSA.
She's already taken bio 1 with A at former CC/now 4 year college.

The advice on this site is great, and while some might think she's rushing, gunning, whatever, any input would be great to help her plan her time out.

Members don't see this ad.

It's unsure that she will get a good GPA in engineering.
If she could major in something easier, she would have more time to study for the MCAT.

Shadowing early is a great idea though!

Hey guys, I'm thinking of majoring in French literature. I'm really interested in managing a coal mine. Can anyone help me out?

Seriously though, your sister might want to make sure her focus in college aligns with her career goals. While engineering does provide a solid fundamental education in math and physics as well as teach you how to think analytically, in my personal opinion she should either stay in engineering or aim higher. It doesn't make any sense why someone would embark on something as challenging as E-school with the ultimate goal of becoming a mid level health care provider. There is nothing wrong with becoming a mid level health care provider, but you certainly don't need an engineering degree to do it.