Goldman Dental School at Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sap1622

SPatel
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was curious if any current Dental Students who attend Boston University could give a little feedback on the application process and experience at the school. I am going to take my DATs this spring and just wanted to know where I stand. I currently attend MCPHS in Boston also. I just wanted a little more student experience!

Shivam:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

If you're set on BU and looking for justification on why you should go, it doesn't matter what we tell you. If it's the only school that accepts you, then it doesn't really matter what we tell you. Take your DAT and we'll take it from there base on your score.

I go to BU, its great. but a lot of money. love the school some times i get upset at the faculty because they are hard to pin down when you need them. get good grades, work hard, get a high DAT and dont worry about the interview too much. the interviews at BU are very layed back compaired to other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to report back with my DAT scores and list of dental schools soon enough.

Shivam

hey im a graduate dentist in india.... i have applied for colleges here in USA and now awaiting interview calls... i have moved to US and am interested in doing some research work by the time i get interview calls..
how do i start wid it and what should i do?...

hey im a graduate dentist in india.... i have applied for colleges here in USA and now awaiting interview calls... i have moved to US and am interested in doing some research work by the time i get interview calls..
how do i start wid it and what should i do?...

WOW, I do believe you are the first person on this forum to ask this question!! :idea:

Why don't we post a 4 page reply outlining the entire process? Oh wait, already done. Do a search.

BU Dental School is a SCAM! do not apply there. You will learn nothing but being the worse person possible and navigating an impossible system, just to get 1 or 2 of each procedure done. Even then, all the trauma they cause to you will take years to reverse. You will also never be able to pay off those loans within a reasonable time. It is an absolute scam and no one should attend BU Dental School.

Reactions: 1 user
So what happened to say such things about BU? It's not the greatest program, and has its flaws to lead students to make the most out of what they paid for. It will not hold your hand and turn students to competent dentists, but with an effort - the outcome can be a positive experience. There is a great deal of "boys club" in the faculty leadership, and it's expressed openly during the clinic years.

BU Dental School is a SCAM! do not apply there. You will learn nothing but being the worse person possible and navigating an impossible system, just to get 1 or 2 of each procedure done. Even then, all the trauma they cause to you will take years to reverse. You will also never be able to pay off those loans within a reasonable time. It is an absolute scam and no one should attend BU Dental School.