Goljan or Pathoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Southern Dr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had never heard of "Pathoma " till my last thread. Which would be better to use, Goljan Pathology or Pathoma? Also with Pathoma, is it better to just get the book, or book and lecture videos?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The books and the lectures come together, you can't buy one with out the other.

In terms of which one to use, the pathoma thread has a lot of pros and cons for both that you can read through and decide.

I already have Goljan, so in your opinion do you think Goljan is just as good, or should I also invest in getting Pathoma as well?

Get Pathoma, read the chapters, watch the lectures and ANNOTATE into the Pathoma book, then complement with RR+FA.

Members don't see this ad :)
is kaplan pathology lecture series book + videos enough for pathology?

Southern Dr. you should try Pathoma, the video lectures are amazing at explaining some complex topics that I just couldn't understand with Goljan.

Pathoma is also much quicker to get through while still covering what you need to know. He leaves out a lot of the Step 2 info that Golijan touches on.

Pathoma is also much quicker to get through while still covering what you need to know. He leaves out a lot of the Step 2 info that Golijan touches on.

I would agree with this. I loved pathoma, very good videos and very high yield for the exam. Helped me a great deal for my usmle.

don't do goljan if you haven't used it yet. It may be great but its not that time effective to start at the dedicated board studying time. Make sure you understand EVERYTHING in Pathoma. I studied it so much that I could hear his voice during my exam saying THIS IS THE ANSWER IDIOT PICK IT.

I had never heard of "Pathoma " till my last thread. Which would be better to use, Goljan Pathology or Pathoma? Also with Pathoma, is it better to just get the book, or book and lecture videos?
Thanks

I really liked Goljan RR, but for someone who is retaking step 1 you should probably do Pathoma. I think you'll really benefit from having someone talk you through the material. Also Goljan is pretty annoying as a person. Sattar is a baller. I'd rather give my $$ to Sattar