Good Book for Away Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dooooom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Doing three aways in the upcoming months just wondering if there is a good review book to go through before them.

Also does anyone know of a good pocket derm book?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

lookingbill and marks is a good fast read. fitz version six is out, with nice pics and summaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
You must know *at least* what is presented in Lookingbill and Marks in order to not look ridiculous. However, you need to do more in order to look good on these rotations. I got pimped a lot during my all my Derm rotations and 90% of the answers were in Dermatology Secrets. More importantly, it was a fun and readable book. This is the book i recommend to all rotators.

I would suggest learning to walk before learning to run. Lookingbill is a great intro text, and like others have said, it's necessary to first master these fundamentals (which few medical students do).

'secrets' contains a fair share of minutiae and should be supplementary to a text such as lookingbill (the fitzpatrick atlas is also a reasonable addition to lookingbill).