Good cardio book for intern year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IMdude

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Med intern here. Just wondering what you guys would recommend as a good cardio book for my cardio rotation. Also a good ekg book. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Med intern here. Just wondering what you guys would recommend as a good cardio book for my cardio rotation. Also a good ekg book. Thanks

The Washington Manual has excellent cardiology review.

The Washington Manual has excellent cardiology review.

I got a copy someone gave me but it's from 2009, you think it will do or should I get the new version?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a copy someone gave me but it's from 2009, you think it will do or should I get the new version?

Not sure, never looked at the 2009 book to make the comparison. I would imagine it's not that different.

Recommendations may change a bit depending on your career goals. These are for the "armchair cardiologist," aka residents rotating through cardiology consults and the CCU.

Manual of Cardiovascular Medicine by Griffin is a good all around, quick reference at the resident and junior fellow level. Has chapters not only on disease entities but also for each cardiac procedure.

Hurst's Ventricular Electrocardiography is a quick read for ECG's. A web version used to exist. Not sure if it can be found now.

For a solid understanding of the structural basis for ECG's, consider Marriott's Practical Electrocardiography. A little lengthy, but no where near as long as Chou's text and far easier to digest. IMHO, the versions after Dr. Marriott stopped authoring them aren't as comprehensive.