Good colleges for online vet assistant or tech programs HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vettechschool

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can only work online right now so need good place where I can go get this degree fully online. Would love for it to come with the state testing but does not have to right now I am thinking of using the www.uscareerinstitute.com they are accredited. But I am not sure if I need other things to be vet tech or assistant in the state of ohio HELP IF YOU CAN THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

In Ohio, you need to graduate from an AVMA accredited veterinary technology program to work as a tech. No formal education is needed to work as an assistant but an assistant is very, very limited in job functions. It's not something that would become a career for most people, while being a vet tech is a career path with lots of options in the long term.

My coworker is enrolled in Penn Foster's online program and is on track to graduate in the next year or so. It's working well for her. The program is provisionally accredited, which in this case means they haven't graduated enough students to gain full accreditation. Its graduates are still considered license eligible in every state.