Good gawd...why do kids make stupid decisions!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Its Z

Retired
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kid im referring to is a pharmacist....

Its mind boggling..

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Witnessing a young man full of potential pass up on the opportunity of a life ...

Witnessing a young man full of potential pass up on the opportunity of a life ...
Let me guess, your son who has just graduated from pharmacy school refuses to take your advice and work as a retail pharmacist, instead choosing to work in a hospital setting. This one gets on your nerves because, among other reasons, you would like for him to experience the benefit of a higher paycheck that retails pharmacists do. Well let me tell you sir that money is not everything. I suggest you let him enjoy his new status. Graduating from pharmacy school is a great enough accomplishment already.

I really wish you would fill us in.. Starting a thread seems pointless if hardly anyone knows what you are talking about.

Now my curiosity is killing me. Unless that was the plan all along :eek:

Let me guess, your son who has just graduated from pharmacy school refuses to take your advice and work as a retail pharmacist, instead choosing to work in a hospital setting. This one gets on your nerves because, among other reasons, you would like for him to experience the benefit of a higher paycheck that retails pharmacists do. Well let me tell you sir that money is not everything. I suggest you let him enjoy his new status. Graduating from pharmacy school is a great enough accomplishment already.

..well now this seems pretentious

Reactions: 1 user

Lol what the hell?

I really wish you would fill us in.. Starting a thread seems pointless if hardly anyone knows what you are talking about.

Now my curiosity is killing me. Unless that was the plan all along :eek:

He said a guy was passing up an opportunity. Pretty self explanatory....

Members don't see this ad :)
Why did he turn down your clinical coordinator position?

Yes!!!

My 7 year old son wants to be a retail druggist!

Yes!!!

My 7 year old son wants to be a retail druggist!
I hate to tell you this, but I will do it anyway - he wants to be a drug dealer. I am sorry but I have to report him to legal officials. Otherwise, my moral obligation to do so will eat away at me. Please state your address. We will exterminate your kid ASAP.

I hate to tell you this, but I will do it anyway - he wants to be a drug dealer. I am sorry but I have to report him to legal officials. Otherwise, my moral obligation to do so will eat away at me. Please state your address. We will exterminate your kid ASAP.

Ugh.. your attempt at humor is sad.

FYI, we don't "exterminate" drug dealers. So many odd posts coming from you

Ugh.. your attempt at humor is sad.

FYI, we don't "exterminate" drug dealers. So many odd posts coming from you
Sorry for not taking on the "politically correct" image like you. You say my humor is bad. I say it's no more bad than the OP's humor when he said his 7 year old wants to be a druggist.

Sorry for not taking on the "politically correct" image like you. You say my humor is bad. I say it's no more bad than the OP's humor when he said his 7 year old wants to be a druggist.

Mmmm you know druggist is just another term for pharmacist...right?

Yes, I knew that. And also, a pharmacist is a certified and legalized drug dealer.

Nah.....you implied druggist as a drug dealer...illegal.

And pharmacists are registered not certified. Technicians are certified.

Hth.

Nah.....you implied druggist as a drug dealer...illegal.

And pharmacists are registered not certified. Technicians are certified.

Hth.

Agree. Sounded like he was comparing a druggist to a drug dealer.

Personally, I wish pharmacists were still called druggists. Earn your DrugD. Doctor of Drugs is way more entertaining than Doctor of Pharmacy.:D

Of course

I can relate to him. I don't want to stereotype entire generations, but the mindset of a gen y adult can be different from older adults. Maybe you smelled bad, maybe the position of a clinical coordinator intimidated him, maybe he really wanted to be around his buddies. I think he struggled with the decision, though.

Here's a nice link I have bookmarked from a couple years ago

"Old assumptions about what employees value in the workplace don't always apply with Gen Y. Friendship is such a strong motivator for them that Gen Y workers will choose a job just to be with their friends. Boston-based Gentle Giant Moving once hired an entire athletic team."

I can relate to him. I don't want to stereotype entire generations, but the mindset of a gen y adult can be different from older adults. Maybe you smelled bad, maybe the position of a clinical coordinator intimidated him, maybe he really wanted to be around his buddies. I think he struggled with the decision, though.

Here's a nice link I have bookmarked from a couple years ago

"Old assumptions about what employees value in the workplace don't always apply with Gen Y. Friendship is such a strong motivator for them that Gen Y workers will choose a job just to be with their friends. Boston-based Gentle Giant Moving once hired an entire athletic team."

I dont fault him. I respect his decision. I just feel floccinaucinihilipilificated.

Did he let you know it was a hard decision for him? I turned down a pharmacy supervisor position at a small health clinic. It's just too early in my career for that.

Oh yeah... I dont smell funny....other than that youre spot on.

I also know this is a career semi suicide for him...

If he stcks it out he will replace me in 10 years...or less.

Sounded like he was comparing a druggist to a drug dealer.
Why did you assume I am a "he"? Sure I am a he, but you couldn't have known that. Do you subconsciously feel superiority over females. If this were a psychiatric session, it would be an incredibly revealing session. It tells a lot about you're character. Particularly, it implies that you feel females are not worth mentioning. Please use the "/she" function next time. If you have the ability to write an entire lecture or rant that you have been doing, then you are well-equipped to write a simple "/she".

Why did you assume I am a "he"? Sure I am a he, but you couldn't have known that. Do you subconsciously feel superiority over females. If this were a psychiatric session, it would be an incredibly revealing session. It tells a lot about you're character. Particularly, it implies that you feel females are not worth mentioning. Please use the "/she" function next time. If you have the ability to write an entire lecture or rant that you have been doing, then you are well-equipped to write a simple "/she".

Your writing clearly shows youre a he.

Your writing clearly shows youre a he.
He doesn't have the ability to decipher gender based on the writing performed by the person of that particular gender. I know you have this ability, but he doesn't. Please don't give him any ideas for responding to my scrutiny. Now he might use the "gender based deciphering" response.

He doesn't have the ability to decipher gender based on the writing performed by the person of that particular gender. I know you have this ability, but he doesn't. Please don't give him any ideas for responding to my scrutiny. Now he might use the "gender based deciphering" response.

Someone is awfully irritable. I typed he because typing he/she in every post is obnoxious and, quite frankly, anyone who gets so offended over something so small (especially when it was the correct gender) is really reaching for an excuse to be angry. I am a man, yet if someone referred to me as she in a post I would not get offended.

Why ever would you not be infuriated bw6? you might ask

Because I don't know you, this is the internet, and I have too many responsibilities to worry over something so insignificant. Thank you for the impromptu psychiatric evaluation though! Your opinion holds great weight considering your impressive credentials doctor.

He said a guy was passing up an opportunity. Pretty self explanatory....

I know a guy who thinks season tickets to the Pittsburgh Pirates is an ultimate life goal. Until he elaborates, he's just as ridiculous as that guy.

Someone is awfully irritable. I typed he because typing he/she in every post is obnoxious and, quite frankly, anyone who gets so offended over something so small (especially when it was the correct gender) is really reaching for an excuse to be angry. I am a man, yet if someone referred to me as she in a post I would not get offended.

Why ever would you not be infuriated bw6? you might ask

Because I don't know you, this is the internet, and I have too many responsibilities to worry over something so insignificant. Thank you for the impromptu psychiatric evaluation though! Your opinion holds great weight considering your impressive credentials doctor.
Why are you so serious, buddy? I have been messing with you people all along. I just wanted to give the OP some stupid answers because he decided to make a thread without disclosing the entire details. The OP saw through me right away. But you didn't. So I thought I should irritate you more in order to get you to realize that I am not even being serious. But it only made things worse. And about the "he, she" deal, I couldn't care less.

Now I am going to be serious. I would like to mention something. Just because someone is a doctor does not mean he has impressive credentials. Similarly, just because someone is not a doctor doesn't mean he is an idiot. Can a doctor compose beautiful and complicated music? No, not generally. It's not like the fate of humanity rests on the opinions of doctors. What a doctor can do, however, is determine if I have anal fissures, for example.

Last edited:
Oh yeah... I dont smell funny....other than that youre spot on.

I also know this is a career semi suicide for him...

If he stcks it out he will replace me in 10 years...or less.

What could be so bad that it is career suicide?

Did he go from a PGY-2 straight into Wags or something?

I know a guy who thinks season tickets to the Pittsburgh Pirates is an ultimate life goal. Until he elaborates, he's just as ridiculous as that guy.

Need to know basis...and you dont need to know.