Good gawd...why do kids make stupid decisions!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My father wanted me to go to medical school...i quickly ran away from that...and i turned out semi normal :D

"normal" typically doesnt cut it in AVN industry... Hence semi normal i guess...:smuggrin:

Did he let you know it was a hard decision for him? I turned down a pharmacy supervisor position at a small health clinic. It's just too early in my career for that.

Can totally relate. I made this suggestion during an interview at our career fair. I used to be previously responsible for ~ 20 employees and 2500 customer accounts so I feel totally confident managing. However, I still would not take a pharmacy management position until I had at least 3-5 years to really learn the position as the perspective is very different than a tech or intern - I know this as I performed as a pharmacist for a month on one of my rotations doing all the functions while the pic did management and tech stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can totally relate. I made this suggestion during an interview at our career fair. I used to be previously responsible for ~ 20 employees and 2500 customer accounts so I feel totally confident managing. However, I still would not take a pharmacy management position until I had at least 3-5 years to really learn the position as the perspective is very different than a tech or intern - I know this as I performed as a pharmacist for a month on one of my rotations doing all the functions while the pic did management and tech stuff.

Nothing wrong with that. This kid has all that...and is a super star.

You probably have the same view as my uncle who always tells me "**** your friends, you can always make new friends wherever you go". He thinks it's dumb that hanging out with my friends is the #1 priority in my life. This uncle is a Chief of Medicine at a hospital and makes a lot of money, but I don't remember him ever hanging out with friends or going out or having a life outside work other than his family while he was a resident or an attending.

I turned down an awesome job, but in a ****ty location. I got a job in my desired location that was not as awesome. They liked me and promoted me to what I wanted to do in the first place....so it all worked out in the end.

You probably have the same view as my uncle who always tells me "**** your friends, you can always make new friends wherever you go". He thinks it's dumb that hanging out with my friends is the #1 priority in my life. This uncle is a Chief of Medicine at a hospital and makes a lot of money, but I don't remember him ever hanging out with friends or going out or having a life outside work other than his family while he was a resident or an attending.

Your uncle is a loser like you.

Life is a balance...friends are important but there are perspectives and priorities.

I turned down an awesome job, but in a ****ty location. I got a job in my desired location that was not as awesome. They liked me and promoted me to what I wanted to do in the first place....so it all worked out in the end.

Theres no promotion where he wants to go..

Move to where friends are...:oops:

Definition of *****

1.usually offensive : a person affected with mild mental ******ation

2.: a very stupid person
— mo·ron·ic adjective
— mo·ron·i·cal·ly adverb
— mo·ron·ism noun
— mo·ron·i·ty noun

Move to where friends are...:oops:

Would it have been much more acceptable if he moved to where his girlfriend was at? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe he got scared off when Z invited him for a weekend of fishing, hunting, camping and male bonding... :confused:

Would it have been much more acceptable if he moved to where his girlfriend was at? :confused:

No.

I wouldn't move... I notice female tend to move where ever the boyfriend is. Men almost never move. Maybe, we are self centered pricks and don't sacrifice a lot in relationship :-D

Theres no promotion where he wants to go..

Maybe, he secretly has large inheritance coming!

No one knows for sure what's in someone's mind. I am sure it's not just one simple reason.

So...into your parents house with you? :smuggrin:

Nope. I'm talking about relocation from city to city. I'm sharing an apartment with my buddies in the city anyway, I stay there sometimes. Rent is $1500/month, split 4 ways that's a little less than $400. Hell, I think that would be worse than moving into my parents house for a girl, which is quite large. Parents house has a lot of unused rooms.

Last edited:
Definition of *****

1.usually offensive : a person affected with mild mental ******ation

2.: a very stupid person
— mo·ron·ic adjective
— mo·ron·i·cal·ly adverb
— mo·ron·ism noun
— mo·ron·i·ty noun

Its an age appropriate decision. Single young and free. If a 35 yo father of 2 did it i would say yeah....*****. But he has to figure it out himself.

I did something similar when I was his age...

Maybe he got scared off when Z invited him for a weekend of fishing, hunting, camping and male bonding... :confused:

Im trying to kill woodpeckers and squirrels. Just missed both. I might have to use my shotgun.

Mmmm can you shoot a gun in your foo foo HOA nazi ruled neighbohood???

So stfu! :smuggrin:

I can shoot a BB gun! I used to have a rabbit problem....used to! One shot one kill! With a 750 fps BB gun you have to hit a rabbit in the head to kill it. Open iron sights, pump action, cheap-o BB gun I hit them square in the eye every time!

To bad you moved. I could have given you some shooting lessons!

Ehh...execution style killing of a large and slow suburban bunny in an enclosed 5000sqft backyard is a little different than trying to pop a small woodpecker and squirrels on a tree 40 yards away

Mmmm can you shoot a gun in your foo foo HOA nazi ruled neighbohood???

So stfu! :smuggrin:

Funny and true about the nazi run HOA! I just got a notice that the small strip of grass running along my fence facing the back alley was not edged properly. I am such a slacker! I mean maybe 3 people see it so itnis very important to edge it properly!

Ehh...execution style killing of a large and slow suburban bunny in an enclosed 5000sqft backyard is a little different than trying to pop a small woodpecker and squirrels on a tree 40 yards away

Some of those urban animals are to the point you can walk right past them without phasing them. I wonder if mountain petted the damn thing before popping it :laugh:

:smuggrin:

Chit f### hoa. Ive had my Run in with them.
Now i have my rv parked on my property.....tiller out front...offroad bike out back...smoker out front.. And no one bothers me.

:smuggrin:

Chit f### hoa. Ive had my Run in with them.
Now i have my rv parked on my property.....tiller out front...offroad bike out back...smoker out front.. And no one bothers me.

Reminds me of a story I read when I was still wrenching a lot...
It's time for another installment of Carsumer Advocacy. We won't go into the nitty gritty details of this one, as it's spread across a 61-page forum post on VW Vortex. The basic gist is that a guy moved into a house in a nice neighborhood. Said neighborhood then started a Home Owners Association with an annual fee of over $1,500. The new HOA then hired an outside contractor to police parking inside the neighborhood. Parking passes were then required that had to be displayed within the vehicle at all times, even when parking in your own driveway (!). If the loose passes (they weren't stickers) weren't displayed, a homeowner would get a $140 ticket and a couple of boots slapped on his or her wheels until the ticket was paid.

One day, forum member The A1 and A2 German forgot to hang his parking pass on the rearview mirror of his mildly tuned Audi A4. The boots came, but rather than acquiesce, he got some rolling jacks and wheeled his car, boots and all, back into his garage. It's the principal of the thing, as this guy apparently always used his parking pass and, despite the rent-a-cops knowing his vehicle, they ticketed him and gave his car the boot anyway. Then the standoff began. This guy was smart and called the police to make sure he wasn't doing anything illegal like stealing the contractor's boots, and when the HOA contractor's eventually found out where their they were hiding, he was happy to let them come and retrieve their property. The contractor now his boots back, but the man's parking pass has been revoked and apparently his neighbors are now being terrorized by these boot police who are hell bent on revenge. Click the source below to read the whole story, or hit up the second source to view just those forum posts by the man in question

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/20/das-boot-one-mans-crusade-against-injustice/

I believe legal proceedings ensued and the guy stopped posting information about how it was ending as I recall...

Reminds me of a story I read when I was still wrenching a lot...

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/20/das-boot-one-mans-crusade-against-injustice/

I believe legal proceedings ensued and the guy stopped posting information about how it was ending as I recall...

When you choose to live in a nice neighborhood in suburbia HOAs are a necessary evil. You have some jack ass move in and park 6 POS cars in front of his house then not mow his lawn or take of his house it brings the property values of the whole neighborhood down.

When you choose to live in a nice neighborhood in suburbia HOAs are a necessary evil. You have some jack ass move in and park 6 POS cars in front of his house then not mow his lawn or take of his house it brings the property values of the whole neighborhood down.

Or expand his driveway to 3X the normal size so 12 cars can be parked there (seen it)...
Or buy a giant concrete basket to "decorate" the front yard for various seasons (big enough to for 2 or 3 humans to sit in)...
Fill the yard with fake plastic flowers from the dollar store...
Fence the front yard and fill it with aggressive dogs...
Have a goat, chickens and roosters in the front yard...five feet from the neighbor's house...
Run an underground nightclub in the basement...

Or expand his driveway to 3X the normal size so 12 cars can be parked there (seen it)...
Or buy a giant concrete basket to "decorate" the front yard for various seasons (big enough to for 2 or 3 humans to sit in)...
Have a goat, chickens and roosters in the front yard...five feet from the neighbor's house...

You must live on dixie:smuggrin:

Yep....

Would you buy a house in a neighborhood that did not have some means to prevent all this from happening?

Living in suburbia is all about conformity. If you do not like it, move out in the county and do what ever you want.

Some of that is from our neighbor county to the south. Good old BC...

I can't believe you didn't post up the most notorious/newsworthy HOA-associated story that's been in the news here recently...

I keep on SDN to catch the good piece of advice here and there but short of that I'm reallllllllly disconnected from anything not pharmacy. I miss my NYtimes subscription like whoa :(

No.

I wouldn't move... I notice female tend to move where ever the boyfriend is. Men almost never move. Maybe, we are self centered pricks and don't sacrifice a lot in relationship :-D

That's 100% true.

No, that would have been less acceptable. The girlfriend is supposed to move to where you're at.

Why do ALL men think that???? I don't get it. Why can't the guy move instead? WHY???????????????????????????????????????????????????

That's 100% true.

Why do ALL men think that???? I don't get it. Why can't the guy move instead? WHY???????????????????????????????????????????????????

ALL men don't think like that. Men will move or make sacrifices for a relationship, IF they think the relationship/woman is worth it. Women should go through the same decision making analysis before they decide to move for a guy. It's only common sense.

They have some of that bull**** in the high priced villages here in Long Island. It sucks when you're a commuter and all the rail road stations run through these high priced villages. They have a parking lot at the train station but all but one of the parking rows require a parking permit from the village. If you don't live in the village, you don't get a parking permit. The non-parking permit spots are all gone by 7AM in the morning.

The parking rules on the streets in the village compound things by having a 2 hour limit on parking, which prevents out of village commuters from parking on the street and walking to the train station since we'd be gone for about 10 hours.

ALL men don't think like that. Men will move or make sacrifices for a relationship, IF they think the relationship/woman is worth it. Women should go through the same decision making analysis before they decide to move for a guy. It's only common sense.

:(

Its an age appropriate decision. Single young and free. If a 35 yo father of 2 did it i would say yeah....*****. But he has to figure it out himself.

I did something similar when I was his age...

Before we married, I warned my wife that I will always put career before the family, and she accepted that. But now that we have a second child on the way, getting ahead isn't the all overriding priority that it once felt like. Putting in 10-12 hour days doesn't feel as rewarding as it did, want I found myself thinking about actually taking a vacation.

Or screw that bs, maybe I'm just starting to get lazy. :smuggrin:

They have some of that bull**** in the high priced villages here in Long Island. It sucks when you're a commuter and all the rail road stations run through these high priced villages. They have a parking lot at the train station but all but one of the parking rows require a parking permit from the village. If you don't live in the village, you don't get a parking permit. The non-parking permit spots are all gone by 7AM in the morning.

The parking rules on the streets in the village compound things by having a 2 hour limit on parking, which prevents out of village commuters from parking on the street and walking to the train station since we'd be gone for about 10 hours.

I'm pretty sure that is the point of all the restrictions....

I'm pretty sure that is the point of all the restrictions....

I know that, it's ****ing ridiculous. The closest street that had unlimited parking was about a 1/4 mile away from the train station, so that made for a lot of close calls when I was sprinting from my car to the train.

I know that, it's ****ing ridiculous. The closest street that had unlimited parking was about a 1/4 mile away from the train station, so that made for a lot of close calls when I was sprinting from my car to the train.

You want to work in NYC and so do many other drones so don't complain :)

My advice, get a job in suffolk county. A lot more parking and a lot less BS.

Need to know basis...and you dont need to know.

Good lord, this is middle school all over again. I remember my friends coming up to me saying "Oh ben ben ben, I know a girl that likes you" and when I asked them who it was they would always say "I'm not telling". Then don't tell me to begin with! :bang:

Good lord, this is middle school all over again. I remember my friends coming up to me saying "Oh ben ben ben, I know a girl that likes you" and when I asked them who it was they would always say "I'm not telling". Then don't tell me to begin with! :bang:
Yeah, what's the point of this thread anyway?

Before we married, I warned my wife that I will always put career before the family, and she accepted that. But now that we have a second child on the way, getting ahead isn't the all overriding priority that it once felt like. Putting in 10-12 hour days doesn't feel as rewarding as it did, want I found myself thinking about actually taking a vacation.

Or screw that bs, maybe I'm just starting to get lazy. :smuggrin:

Interesting. I currently feel what you felt when you started. Right now, I am all about my career. I left my gf, my friends and my family to pursue a really good career opportunity in a city ~1000 miles away from home. Kids might complcate things a but but I am in my early 20's so that discussion is far away in the future. My career will eventually require me to travel a lot to Europe and other countries and I just don't know how I would do that with a family.

Yeah, what's the point of this thread anyway?

Oh.....im so sorry you cant figure out what this thread is about because its not spelled.out for you...

Evidently so since your middle school intelligence prohibits you from understanding this thread.....heck even SHC understands...