Good gawd...why do kids make stupid decisions!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Evidently so since your middle school intelligence prohibits you from understanding this thread.....heck even SHC understands...

I've already figured out the point of this thread: to be as vague as possible so you can talk about something without actually talking about it. Genius.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When you choose to live in a nice neighborhood in suburbia HOAs are a necessary evil. You have some jack ass move in and park 6 POS cars in front of his house then not mow his lawn or take of his house it brings the property values of the whole neighborhood down.

**** the property values of the whole neighborhood. It's my property, I should be able to hang up dirty underwear on a 50 foot flagpole if I want to. One time when my parents were gone for a month or two back when I was in high school, I never mowed the lawn and I was throwing parties every frikkin weekend at the house.

I'll just leave these here...

jelllo-shots.jpg

Interesting. I currently feel what you felt when you started. Right now, I am all about my career. I left my gf, my friends and my family to pursue a really good career opportunity in a city ~1000 miles away from home. Kids might complcate things a but but I am in my early 20's so that discussion is far away in the future. My career will eventually require me to travel a lot to Europe and other countries and I just don't know how I would do that with a family.

Well, now is a good time to get ahead. When family life eventually comes along, hopefully you are already where you want to be. But the thing is, there is no end to ambition. I sometime envy my wife, satisfied with where she is. She works to come home, a means to an end.

**** the property values of the whole neighborhood. It's my property, I should be able to hang up dirty underwear on a 50 foot flagpole if I want to. One time when my parents were gone for a month or two back when I was in high school, I never mowed the lawn and I was throwing parties every frikkin weekend at the house.

I am not at all surprised....

Its your proprty in a subdivision in close proximety to everyone else. What one does effects everyone.

Damn. Where's cyclo? I'm going to need some help with these shots. AND it's a school night :smuggrin:

:(

So sad I missed this train wreck!! It's ok..it's 5 o clock somewhere! Cheers!

The other thing I hate is when these HOAs and villages make rules about cars parked on the street after dark or time limits on cars parked. Makes it very frustrating when you have like 50 guests over and they're not allowed to park the streets, or they put in these ******ed no parking on the streets from 1AM-6AM rules to prevent house parties from going on till the crack of dawn.

I think our hate of HOAs are the only thing Sparda and I will every agree on. If I want to paint my house a garish color I should be able to or park a rusty truck in my driveway, I'd hate a bunch of stick-up-their-butt busybodies telling me I can't on plenty of a lien on my house,

And Z, maybe for this kid "career suicide" isn't that big of a deal to him. Maybe his goal is "just" to be a low-level worker and not a hot-shot VIP. I will probably make a decision in 2 months that will be seen as a majorly horrible move, career suicide, and massively disappointing by my current colleagues.

Members don't see this ad :)
The other thing I hate is when these HOAs and villages make rules about cars parked on the street after dark or time limits on cars parked. Makes it very frustrating when you have like 50 guests over and they're not allowed to park the streets, or they put in these ******ed no parking on the streets from 1AM-6AM rules to prevent house parties from going on till the crack of dawn.

Hey genius! Did ya ever think they put those signs up for the very reason you don't like them? To keep idiots from having house parties in a residential neighborhood until the crack of dawn? You are the very reason HOAs exist and are necessary.

Hey genius! Did ya ever think they put those signs up for the very reason you don't like them? To keep idiots from having house parties in a residential neighborhood until the crack of dawn? You are the very reason HOAs exist and are necessary.

Yeah!

Maybe the "kid" just didn't like something about your job offer, Z, and he didn't want to hurt your feelings, so he just told you he was turning it down because he wanted to live somewhere else.

It's also possible that his goals in life are different than yours. Many people just want a secure, comfortable existence, and have no desire to be part of the rat race. We all have our own goals for life, that will fullfill us and make us happy. If we all had the same goals, the world would be a pretyt unadvance, dreary place.

Maybe the "kid" just didn't like something about your job offer, Z, and he didn't want to hurt your feelings, so he just told you he was turning it down because he wanted to live somewhere else.

It's also possible that his goals in life are different than yours. Many people just want a secure, comfortable existence, and have no desire to be part of the rat race. We all have our own goals for life, that will fullfill us and make us happy. If we all had the same goals, the world would be a pretyt unadvance, dreary place.

Totally agree. "Opportunity of a lifetime" is so subjective so for Z to criticize someone for having different goals in life is as pathetic as it gets.

If we all want to be CEOs then this world would be a great place. LOL

Totally agree. "Opportunity of a lifetime" is so subjective so for Z to criticize someone for having different goals in life is as pathetic as it gets.

If someone turn down a hospital clinical position for a ****ter job just b/c their "friend" lives there...that person is not very smart.

Would you turn down your acceptance to Harvard for some crappy college just b/c your friend attend a crappy college? I would think not. :laugh:

I gave up a full fellowship to a top 5 university PhD program because I wanted to get married instead. Eleven years later, I still think it was a great decision and I'm very happy with the way life has turned out.

One person's "opportunity of a lifetime" can be another's "not right for me at all." It's all subjective. People want different things from life, and that's OK.

I gave up a full fellowship to a top 5 university PhD program because I wanted to get married instead. Eleven years later, I still think it was a great decision and I'm very happy with the way life has turned out.

One person's "opportunity of a lifetime" can be another's "not right for me at all." It's all subjective. People want different things from life, and that's OK.

5 years ago I would say you are completely crazy...but now I think hey, if that guy is PERFECT for you and you guys are soulmates...then I would do the same. :)

You are lucky you don't have Asian parents....they would force you to attend the college for sure! :laugh: :rolleyes:

5 years ago I would say you are completely crazy...but now I think hey, if that guy is PERFECT for you and you guys are soulmates...then I would do the same. :)

You are lucky you don't have Asian parents....they would force you to attend the college for sure! :laugh: :rolleyes:

Surely someone has hacked SHC's account

May I ask you what the PhD was in? And was this after your pharmacy school ?

Who is criticizing?

Don't confuse my venting with criticism.

Not very bright are you.

He's moving leaving behind his girlfriend. It has nothing to do with how I feel or me. You would freak if I told you the offer.

It'S also possible that his goals in life are different than yours. Many people just want a secure, comfortable existence, and have no desire to be part of the rat race. We all have our own goals for life, that will fullfill us and make us happy. If we all had the same goals, the world would be a pretyt unadvance, dreary place.

He's the one who told me what his future goals were. So I offered him an opportunity to achieve his goals.

He's moving leaving behind his girlfriend. It has nothing to do with how I feel or me. You would freak if I told you the offer.

He's the one who told me what his future goals were. So I offered him an opportunity to achieve his goals.

He is leaving his girlfriend AND a really good job offer for what? His best guy friend?

This guy is gay.

What is the offer? It thought you prefer hiring people with residencies...so you were willing to hire a fresh grad this time?

He's not a fresh grad. He's residency trained. He is currently our pharmacist

Yeah, I know that's why they put those signs up. But it should be illegal for them to make those rules. You should also be able to opt-out of being part of the HOA. Where in the constitution does it say that I can't have a party in my backyard until 5AM in the morning?

Yeah, I know that's why they put those signs up. But it should be illegal for them to make those rules. You should also be able to opt-out of being part of the HOA. Where in the constitution does it say that I can't have a party in my backyard until 5AM in the morning?

Not only the constitution has all the laws. There are also federal, state and local laws citizens must follow or risk being penalized. You can have a party but if you break any noise regulation laws or any parking laws then you can be penalized.

Also, because of the high population density in Nassau County there are more rules that must be followed to maintain stability. AKA, if you don't like it then move somewhere else.

It's like trying to reason with my 8 year old about why she can't move up to level 5 in gymnastics until she does a standing back tuck.

You will hate living in my parents neighborhood then. No parking outside of your garage PERIOD. All cars and boats etc. must be INSIDE your garage or get fine up the ass.

Inviting that many people over is a fire hazard and most likely illegal.

You will hate living in my parents neighborhood then. No parking outside of your garage PERIOD. All cars and boats etc. must be INSIDE your garage or get fine up the ass.

Inviting that many people over is a fire hazard and most likely illegal.

Yeah I would hate living in that neighborhood.

Inviting 50 people over is not a fire hazard, hell, I've even had about a 100 people over at my house before.

I can relate to him. I don't want to stereotype entire generations, but the mindset of a gen y adult can be different from older adults. Maybe you smelled bad, maybe the position of a clinical coordinator intimidated him, maybe he really wanted to be around his buddies. I think he struggled with the decision, though.

Here's a nice link I have bookmarked from a couple years ago

"Old assumptions about what employees value in the workplace don't always apply with Gen Y. Friendship is such a strong motivator for them that Gen Y workers will choose a job just to be with their friends. Boston-based Gentle Giant Moving once hired an entire athletic team."

Agreed. I was offered a job in Saudi Arabia recently, and I turned it down just because it meant not being able to hang out with my friends as often. (I pretty much hang out with them every day after work or all day if I'm not working.)