Good MCAT VR and BS low-mediocre PS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alfred Bayaton

JJWattMD
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm scheduled to take the MCAT on August 15. I'm using Kaplan and have taken 4 FL's, and my VR scores have been consistenly higher than my BS and PS. Granted I still have a little less than a month to get my scores up, I was just curious what med schools think of this in the event my PS and BS scores won't improve. Good, bad, indifferent?

8PS, 10VR, 8BS
7PS, 13VR, 9BS
8PS, 12VR, 11BS
9PS, 13 VR, 11 BS

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

if you go 9,13,11.. I think you are in very good shape =] Obvs would always be nice to pull up physics tho. did you take AAMC's yet?

if you go 9,13,11.. I think you are in very good shape =] Obvs would always be nice to pull up physics tho. did you take AAMC's yet?

Sweeeet! Hopefully I can keep improving, or at the very least not regress. And no I actually haven't. I was planning on taking AAMC's at the very end since it'll probably be a better indicator on what I'll get on the real deal. Do you recommend taking an AAMC next as oppose to another Kaplan FL?

i found them to be very different personally. Although kaplan has very generous scale, I still had higher scaled score on AAMCs