Good public health programs & concentrations for a pediatrician

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iClearDiamond

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Please I would like to know good public health programs for a concentration in maternity & child health, global health, adolescent health, or health disparities and minority health. Just anything that has to do with infants to adolescents, international health and women. I would like to know anything about concentrations that would help and educate someone that would like to be a pediatrician in the future.
Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

Is it possible to do an MPH with a concentration in Maternal/Child Health?

I'd look into which universities are best for this field. I think Hopkins is generally pretty good when it comes to Maternal/Child Health.

Tulane, UNC, Emory, and Johns Hopkins are some of the leaders in maternal and child health. Depending on the program, it is definitely possible to do a concentration in MCH. Also, some programs offer the option to do a certificate in MCH. I'm at Tulane right now pursuing an MPH in International Health and Development, though I have tailored all of my electives and topical courses in MCH. I felt that the certificate was not worth the extra time and money, when I'm able to graduate a semester early without it.

For pediatrician, I would say MCH and Nutrition would be the best majors.