Good review book for undergrad biochem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mel Belle

Cooler than absolute zero
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I took organic I found Organic Chemistry as a Second Language to be pretty helpful. I'm just wondering if there's that sort of book for biochem.

I do have a biochem review book, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 3e. I got it for free from a graduated medical student, so it's technically for the USMLE. It works for some topics, but overall it's been too clinically focused to be relevant for my undergrad biochem class.

I'm sure some people will recommend rereading the book three times. I do that sometimes, but usually more for physics classes than for chemistry. Frankly, like many, I have a lot of classes and extracurriculars to juggle, and since it takes so long to read a single chapter in my biochem text, I would like to spend less time on the second read (i.e., by using a review book).

I'm currently in biochem I but I will be taking biochem II next semester, so if the review book would cover both semesters that would be peachy.

Thanks.

Oh! If it's of any relevance, the text my professor uses for both semesters is Berg 7e.

Members don't see this ad.