Good Samaritan TY - Corvallis, OR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dquacken

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow osteopaths,

Could someone provide information on this program? I've been browsing online and haven't found much...Some background on me: I want to do a TY, go into flight medicine with the Air Force for a few years, and then apply for psych.

Thanks for your future help!

Members don't see this ad.

There are three electives, a residents OMM clinic, peds at Legacy in Portland, rotation at VA in Portland. Great small university town, especially if you like rain/grey skies.

Members don't see this ad :)
Corvallis is very friendly in general and the medical community is great. The only thing missing for us is the lack of restaurants compared to a larger city.

Good Luck

I worked in Corvallis 15 yr ago, long before Western U/COMP-NW was there. Good Sam has been there forever and I know a little about the politics. I've wondered too how things are in the residency programs there as they are new. I know the FM program director, great lady, but if I choose FM would likely be closer to home in the SE (left Oregon in 2006).
Any fellowships there yet?