good schools emphasizing manual therapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePTsean

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on applying to schools this summer and I want to know any that emphasize manual therapy. Other than St. Augustine, I havent heard of other schools doing this. Location does not really matter, I would just like a list or any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Loma Linda, Western University of Health Sciences

When I was completing my observation hours, I heard from two separate PT's at different clinics that the Regis graduates/students tended to have above average manual therapy skills. Obviously not quantifiable, but FWIW.

Members don't see this ad :)
Loma Linda and Regis. I wanted to apply to these programs for this reason, but they were both too pricey for me.

Des Moines University really focuses on manual therapy.

I don't think any school will best St. Augustine in this category. They have an extensive reputation in the PT world as having graduates that jump right into complex manual therapy from day 1 of the first job.

Do you think its worth an etra $30,000 to go there? Versus going somewhere affordable and getting my mtc later on?

If you can get in somewhere $30,000 cheaper, go there

Reactions: 1 user
University of South Carolina has a strong manual emphasis as well.

University of Mary in Bismarck, ND.