Good stats but late app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ladida1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.95c, 3.97s, 39, top 10 school.

2 years lab research, national conference
Smaller research projects in non-science disciplines, 1 state-wide conference
450 hrs nonclinical volunteering
200 hrs clinical volunteering
60 hours shadowing
150 hrs teaching (TA, tutor)
2 leadership positions associated with my volunteering--planning local volunteer events.
+ some other ECs

I know my application is pretty solid, but I submitted my primary July 17. This puts me at being verified towards the last week of August. I will pre-write secondaries and turn them in as soon as I get them. Given this, are there any schools it would be not worth applying to? For example, it seems UChicago really favors early applicants. I am in the process of making my school list, and want to know if there's certain schools you think I should leave out.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That's not a late app. Everything is fine. Just be sure to apply broadly and you'll get an acceptance or five.

Hi everyone! I'm probably going to be verified tomorrow or day after. I'm finishing up my secondary essays this week. Can you please help me with my final school list? I want to cut down, but also make sure I'm not applying too top heavy.

Albert Einstein
Boston University
Case Western
Columbia
Dartmouth
Duke
Emory
George Washington
Georgetown
Johns Hopkins
Michigan Ann Arbor
Northwestern
Penn State
Pitt
SLU
UChicago
UNC-CH
University of Cinncinati
University of Florida
University of Rochester
UPenn
UVA
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
WashU
Yale

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it's possible for you to apply "too top heavy" with your stats.

I don't think it's possible for you to apply "too top heavy" with your stats.

:eek: I second that! Nice job on your stats. Apply anywhere you want, just make sure to show interest and demonstrate knowledge of their school. Good luck!

There is no such thing as too many schools. Congrats on your stats

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm probably going to be verified tomorrow or day after. I'm finishing up my secondary essays this week. Can you please help me with my final school list? I want to cut down, but also make sure I'm not applying too top heavy.

Albert Einstein
Boston University
Case Western
Columbia
Dartmouth
Duke
Emory
George Washington
Georgetown

Johns Hopkins
Michigan Ann Arbor
Northwestern
Penn State
Pitt
SLU
UChicago
UNC-CH
University of Cinncinati
University of Florida
University of Rochester
UPenn
UVA
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
WashU
Yale

I would drop the red ones, DC schools because of high cost and high number of applicants when considering the rank of these schools. WashU unless you are from Washington or one of their like 3(?) other states they favor. I would also cut some of the other OOS public schools and add more highly ranked private schools. I think your list is bottom heavy to be honest and is due to have more top tier schools. Good job and good luck!

Last edited:
I would drop the red ones, DC schools because of high cost and high number of applicants when considering the rank of these schools. WashU unless you are from Washington or one of their like 3(?) other states they favor. I would also cut some of the other OOS public schools and add more highly ranked private schools. I think your list is bottom heavy to be honest and is due to have more top tier schools. Good job and good luck!

OP is applying to Wash U (in St. Louis). An excellent choice.

Thank you to everyone for your feedback!

I think your list is bottom heavy to be honest and is due to have more top tier schools. Good job and good luck!

Is this really the case? I don't want to be too arrogant about my chances. My ideal school would be very research heavy, since that is something I enjoy. What schools would you suggest adding?

WashU =/= UWashington.

You're in good shape, OP. Enjoy the ride.

No Harvard?

OP = fail.

lol, I added Harvard, but no II. My final list changed a bit from what was listed here.

Thanks to everyone here for the advice. For posterity's sake, here's what happened. I ended up being complete really really late at most schools (on the deadline for a lot of schools). I got a good number of interviews, and got my first acceptance recently. Thankfully, things worked out for me.

Where were you accepted? Just curious. Pm me if you don't want to publicize.