Good Story

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtm34

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I know a lot of the butterflies are scaring people but I figured I'd share a good story- I am a 1st year DPT student and a friend of mine just graduated and passed his boards. He landed a job near his home town doing out patient ortho- focusing on spine care (what his interest was). He is starting at 75k base with great benefits and bonus packages that will add a nice penny to his already stellar salary. There is a HUGE demand for PT's and if you spend the time looking you can land the job that you envision yourself doing.... good luck to all those starting out and to those applying.

Members don't see this ad.

It's all about applying yourself and working where you want to work. From what I've read, some PT's just want to graduate and get a job anywhere while there are others who want to specialize in areas such as orthopedics/sports med, so they pursue that certification as well. I've seen plenty of PT positions available in my area starting in the $70-$85k range.

Congrats to your friend. That's a great starting salary regardless. Job market is real tough these days. Heck, I can't even find a part time hourly job.

Thanks for the positive posts. Out of curiosity...in what cities/states are y'all talking about?

Members don't see this ad :)
That sounds great! I've actually been interested in how to get certification/specialization in addition to your PT. Is there somewhere that you can read up on these different areas and how you can get them?

A friend's daughter in law was making 90K/year as an outpatient manager with 2 years of experience. This was in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. However, she left once she had a baby and now likes being a stay at home mom. Her husband is not happy, he misses the 90K she was bringing in. At the gym I go to there is a lady who's son is a PT with his own practice doing a lot of home health care and nursing home visits. He has so much work that he hired several PTs at 120K/year with 3 years experience. He said to have my daughter call him once she graduates with the DPT in 2012.

Last edited: