good study music

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anystream

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

Anything from Pantera or Staind. :horns:

For studying - Classical

Members don't see this ad :)
jon stewart said:
how about no music at all

help me out here, i'm trying very hard to procrastinate

hardcore drum and bass... :D

winamp has some amazing radio stations, shoutcast radio. I love listening to mostly classical, its more well known catchy classical (I know what you're thinking, there is catch classical). Also new age, and world beat/fusion gets me into this wacky study trance.

http://www.shoutcast.com/ download the newest version of winamp www.winamp.com first.

thelonius monk quartet with john coltrane live at carnegie hall
rjd2: deadringer
Dizzy Gillespie, Sonny Stitt, Sonny Rollins: Sonny Side Up
Duke Ellington Orchestra & Count Basie Orchestra: The Duke meets the Count for the first time
Duke Ellington: money jungle
the quintet (Dizzy Gillespie, Charlie Parker, Max Roach, Bud Powell, & Charlie Mingus): Jazz at Massey Hall
the joggers: with a cape and a cane
the go! team: thunder, lightning, strike

Ok, maybe the last two aren't good study music, but they are good and freaky, nonetheless. Seriously, Captain ADD, try no music.

Studying Japanese seems to be easier while listening to Kanye West.... go figure! However, while Toots and the Maytals helped me thorugh O-Chem, for Japanese it makes it harder. Hmmm.... fun research topic.

Better add The Meters to this list too! Fuuuuunnnnkkkkayyyyy!

jazz- anything by wes montgomery or stan getz. my oh my.
-mota

DRAP IT LIKE ITS HOT - Mid-south town BOYZ featuring BBizzle, CCrizzle, FFizzle, and KKizzle.

MrDreamWeaver said:
DRAP IT LIKE ITS HOT - Mid-south town BOYZ featuring BBizzle, CCrizzle, FFizzle, and KKizzle.
Oh, fo shizzle :horns:

well...jazz is covered

so, any chill music: dephazz, thievery corporation, tosca, vintage chill album, st. germain, lemon jelly, kruder and dorfmeister, gotan project, MANU CHAO, and of course...

anything by psapp (sings the grey's anatomy theme :p )

Classical music works for me, I have a hard time concentrating when there are lyrics in the music. Mozart is my favorite (don't like the operas though).

Some classical soundtrack recommendations:

Last of the Mohicans is awesome.
Gladiator is pretty good.
Pride & Prejudice from the new movie... it's pretty mellow. I like it.
The music in Braveheart is great, but the soundtrack also has soundbites, so you'd have to consider whether you can study with Mel Gibson yelling "Freedom!" in the background. I can, but I may be a special case. ;)

I listen to music with lyrics while studying as well. I like listening to Norah Jones, John Legend, Counting Crows, DMB, etc. Nothing too upbeat or it makes me want to dance, not study.

Try Study Music Project on YouTube! So gooooooooood!

Bonus: it's made by a doctor while he was in medical school