Good succinct text for intern year...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TeslaCoil

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Can anybody recommend a good succinct textbook for getting through intern year in medicine? I'm a CA-0 going into anesthesia, if that has any bearing. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Pocket Medicine: The Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of Internal Medicine

Reactions: 3 users
Hey all,
Can anybody recommend a good succinct textbook for getting through intern year in medicine? I'm a CA-0 going into anesthesia, if that has any bearing. Thanks!

Not an intern but I did three busy Sub-Is and I thought the UCSF Hospitalist Handbook was MUCH more practical. My seniors even told me that the the Mass Gen Handbook is a little over kill for a prelim year, especially if you're not going into IM. Plus the Hospitalist Handbook is available on iOS and Android.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IMO update is still the best... read both the UCSF and MGH books.

Agreed, uptodate. The handbooks were too big to be an easy reference on the floor, and not enough info to be enough on their own. Other resources as dictated by your medical sub specialty rotations.