Got accepted after listing DUI on application. Will background check ruin me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eryss2910

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys! So i was convicted of a DUI back in 2013. I listed it on my OPTOMCAS application and wrote my explanation for it. I was interviewed and got accepted! Now, that school is running a background check. Will that ruin my chances of keeping my acceptance, even though I was already forthcoming about that unfortunate incident?? (FYI- the DUI just involved me getting pulled over. I was not involved in any accident or hurt anyone.) Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys! So i was convicted of a DUI back in 2013. I listed it on my OPTOMCAS application and wrote my explanation for it. I was interviewed and got accepted! Now, that school is running a background check. Will that ruin my chances of keeping my acceptance, even though I was already forthcoming about that unfortunate incident?? (FYI- the DUI just involved me getting pulled over. I was not involved in any accident or hurt anyone.) Thanks for the help!
You will be fine. If that was a problem then they would not have accepted you!!!!