Got accepted to UF c/o 2019, but now I'm fretting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cashewgallery

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was happy to get accepted to the UF class of 2019! I've been excited about pharmacy school for a while now, and I can't wait to start learning the material. However, now that it's inching closer I'm starting to get a little nervous. One issue I've always had with myself is just recalling something. I have terrible memory retention, and although I've done great in my undergraduate and look like an excellent applicant on paper, I'm worried that because of this, I won't be able to make it through.

I don't know if my retention is any better or worse than most people, but I feel that even though I may get an A in a class, I have a hard time remembering the details when I think about it the next semester. Can anyone weigh in? Preferably someone from UF (Though they are changing up their curriculum for the 2019 class), but anyone who can help me, it would be appreciated.

I know that no one can remember everything, one should keep notes to go back and revisit, and remembering everything is absolutely impossible and I might possibly have higher expectations of how difficult it is in that regard, but I'm freaking out because I've had my heart set on this for a couple years, and now I'm not so sure I'm good enough

Members don't see this ad.

The curriculum now and I'm sure the new one will too builds on the knowledge you learn so that for most classes (some are straight memorize and dump) you will constantly see the same material over and over yet it will build and get a little more complicated each time. It's a great way to help the stuff stick and I would not worry about it one bit if I were you. The new curriculum is set up to make it even more efficient as all of your classes at one time will focus on the same topic whereas our classes right now are kind of all over the place and merge together once in a blue moon.

Edit: I'm a 1 PD at the Orlando Campus of UF COP this year.