Got in!!! ready to advise!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daisyBDS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone!! I got in UOP. It was a tough journey but I didn't give up hope and you shouldn't also. It is a lot of luck but if you do the right things I think you can increase your chances a lot!!!
I'm free till college starts so I want to help others in the CAAPID process. So any questions? you can ask here!

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone!! I got in UOP. It was a tough journey but I didn't give up hope and you shouldn't also. It is a lot of luck but if you do the right things I think you can increase your chances a lot!!!
I'm free till college starts so I want to help others in the CAAPID process. So any questions? you can ask here!

Hi.. Congrats on your acceptance..
I have been trying every cycle since the last 3 years... I got just 2 interviews so far and nothing else from others.. I have been losing hope.. I am wondering what is wrong with my application... Can you please help?

Hi there. Congratulations on your big achievement!!!

Could you please summarize your journey. What steps you had to go through? How long it took?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi.. Congrats on your acceptance..
I have been trying every cycle since the last 3 years... I got just 2 interviews so far and nothing else from others.. I have been losing hope.. I am wondering what is wrong with my application... Can you please help?
Hi there. Congratulations on your big achievement!!!

Could you please summarize your journey. What steps you had to go through? How long it took?

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply. There is a lot of paper work required even after acceptance.
I went to college in India and applied this year for the first time. I was following SDN religiously and found a lot of good posts. The posts that best helped gave me this advice and I got in:

- Don't waste your time!
- Hopefully you have a good GPA, but if not, do a lot more!!! for your application
- Be certain of your goals
- Apply for volunteering and research in local programs and hospitals. Better if you can visit a dental school.
- We are not writers, we are doctors, and so do not hesitate in getting professional help for your SOP, LOR and supplement applications. I recommend [email protected] because of personal experience. It's cheap, good and got me in!!
- If you are interested in a certain school than remain in contact with the school and try to see if you can observe there.
- For bench test- TAKE CLASSES!!! the expectation is very high!!
- Be sure of what you will say in your interviews!!!

Reactions: 1 user
What bench test classes did you take and where?? Thanks

Hello,
Thanks for offering advice.
You say that it was your first attempt.... However I would like to know when did you pass NBDE part I..... and when did you get accepted....
The reason of my questions is I want to have some idea how long is the process for acceptance ,my family asked me when I will get accepted...
I know there are differnetes of factors involved here... I just want to have some idea
I passed NBDE I in 12/2014
Thanks for the answer

What bench test classes did you take and where?? Thanks
I went to Dr. Duggan's classes, but I have been in contact with some of the students in dental school. It may be cheaper if you get help from them. Let me know which area you're in and I can check if anyone can help you there.

Hello,
Thanks for offering advice.
You say that it was your first attempt.... However I would like to know when did you pass NBDE part I..... and when did you get accepted....
The reason of my questions is I want to have some idea how long is the process for acceptance ,my family asked me when I will get accepted...
I know there are differnetes of factors involved here... I just want to have some idea
I passed NBDE I in 12/2014
Thanks for the answer
I really can't say. It depends upon your application and stats and a lot more. If you PM me your details I can advise you accordingly. Getting admission fast is all about taking the right and necessary steps.

Congratulations and thank you for helping us :)
Could you please elaborate more on - " apply for research in local programs " ? As a graduate from India on B1/B2 visa, how would we go about doing this ?
Thanks again !

Hi DaisyBDS,
Thanks for helping us,
could you please tell what do you mean by research in local program and Hospital? Appreciated.

Thanks for replying....
I want to know...HOW MUCH TIME DID YOU INVEST TO GET the ACCEPTANCE?

Hi DaisyBDS,
Thanks for helping us,
could you please tell what do you mean by research in local program and Hospital? Appreciated.
By this I mean local to the area you are in, but preferably within the USA

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for replying....
I want to know...HOW MUCH TIME DID YOU INVEST TO GET the ACCEPTANCE?
I took 5 months to prepare for part 1 and 3 months to prepare for part 2 after graduation. I applied early in the cycle- which is key. So by this time last year I was participating in volunteer activities and research. Was waiting for my personal statement and LORs to be prepared by the professional writer I was working with and applied on the first day of the CAAPID cycle.

I took 5 months to prepare for part 1 and 3 months to prepare for part 2 after graduation. I applied early in the cycle- which is key. So by this time last year I was participating in volunteer activities and research. Was waiting for my personal statement and LORs to be prepared by the professional writer I was working with and applied on the first day of the CAAPID cycle.
Hi. Could you pls tell us about what research you did ?

Thank you for all your help.I have some questions for you .Is it possible to send your email id to [email protected]

I went to Dr. Duggan's classes, but I have been in contact with some of the students in dental school. It may be cheaper if you get help from them. Let me know which area you're in and I can check if anyone can help you there.
Thanks. I live in Virginia. It will be great even if I can get some notes on crown prep and cavity preps

Hi daisy BDS , i live in virginia too and planning to apply for VCU. Can you please tell any bench test preparation course in virginia?

Last edited:

Do any of you know of any good prep courses in america(any state is fine) for NBDE part 1? Either classroom setting or online? Any one that people have used and got passing results! let me know ASAP please!

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-16_19-31-58.png
    upload_2015-3-16_19-31-58.png
    95 bytes · Views: 48
Thanks. I live in Virginia. It will be great even if I can get some notes on crown prep and cavity preps
Hi,
I'll try to see if I can get you any slides regarding ideal cavity preps. Good luck

Do any of you know of any good prep courses in america(any state is fine) for NBDE part 1? Either classroom setting or online? Any one that people have used and got passing results! let me know ASAP please!
I would recommend that you self study if you can. There are a lot of other necessary investments to be made. Good luck!!

please give some idea about bench test preparation. I have to start from scratch

Hi Everyone,
I agree with conversations going on over here and congrats daislyBDS for the admission. UOP is one of the best school and I personally missed that school admission cause of bench test. Being an international graduate,I know how much we need to fight before we establish ourselves in USA.
I am a faculty in dental school and I can help whoever needs guidance for the bench test exam. You can ask your questions personally or write over here, I will try to help as much as possible.

please give some idea about bench test preparation. I have to start from scratch
Hi Rohan,
The expectations are very high. Every school has it's own requirements during the test. I don't know of any prep courses in Virginia but maybe you can send me the picss of your preps.

Hi Everyone,
I agree with conversations going on over here and congrats daislyBDS for the admission. UOP is one of the best school and I personally missed that school admission cause of bench test. Being an international graduate,I know how much we need to fight before we establish ourselves in USA.
I am a faculty in dental school and I can help whoever needs guidance for the bench test exam. You can ask your questions personally or write over here, I will try to help as much as possible.
Dr. Roger,
Thank you for providing this aid. The bench test is an important factor in admission and the expectations are very high. Together we can help prepare the applicants to perform better.

-Daisy

Hello everyone,
I have received many inquiries so I will just answer here:

The professional writing service is an advantageous investment in your application. I believe it made all the difference in my application and will be of great help to you. If you have any questions about the process I suggest that you contact the professional writer I worked with yourself. His email address is [email protected]. Good luck!

Hello everyone,
I have received many inquiries so I will just answer here:

The professional writing service is an advantageous investment in your application. I believe it made all the difference in my application and will be of great help to you. If you have any questions about the process I suggest that you contact the professional writer I worked with yourself. His email address is [email protected]. Good luck!
Hi daisybds congratulations!!
Please guide me about research work...or anything else that is beneficial for ur cv to get accepted for an interview.. Thank you:)

hi daisyBDS, congrats for the seat.i just started preparation for nbde 1.i have a couple of qs regarding the preparation.will u be able to e mail me ur mail id at [email protected]?thanks in advance

Hi Everyone,
I am a faculty in dental school and I can help whoever needs guidance for the bench test exam. You can ask your questions personally or write over here, I will try to help as much as possible.[/QUOTE
hi dr roger,how to prepare for the bench test?ll u be able to email me ur id at [email protected] so that I can ask u my quaries regarding bench tests.thank u in advance.

Hi daisybds congratulations!!
Please guide me about research work...or anything else that is beneficial for ur cv to get accepted for an interview.. Thank you:)

Do everything you can to build your CV-

Contact schools for research opportunities (build a relationship)
Volunteer where ever you can (every bit counts)
have NBDE 1 and 2 (apply with atleast part 1 ASAP and then take part 2 later)
TOEFL- 100+ (nothing less will do)
Spend money only where it counts: CE programs, visit schools, seek professional help for document writing (I worked with [email protected])
and just don't stop working! schools want to see you are motivated.

Let me know if you need any more help! Good luck!

Do everything you can to build your CV-

Contact schools for research opportunities (build a relationship)
Volunteer where ever you can (every bit counts)
have NBDE 1 and 2 (apply with atleast part 1 ASAP and then take part 2 later)
TOEFL- 100+ (nothing less will do)
Spend money only where it counts: CE programs, visit schools, seek professional help for document writing (I worked with [email protected])
and just don't stop working! schools want to see you are motivated.

Let me know if you need any more help! Good luck!
Thank you so much! You're of great help!:):):)
As far as volunteer opportunities are concerned...is it only beneficial in the field of dentistry? Or does any sort of community voluntary work count?

Hey DaisyBDS, Congrats. Just a quick Q, Whats SOP, LOR. And by the way how much did writelifetoday charges roughly.

Hey DaisyBDS, Congrats. Just a quick Q, Whats SOP, LOR. And by the way how much did writelifetoday charges roughly.
SOP -statement of purpose/ also known as the personal statement
LOR letter of recommendation and about the fees I think it's around 150 USD but it's better to mail him and find out what his charges are.

If any one needs help with SOP or LOR, please PM me..

Hello Sain,
Karthik has it spot on.
[email protected] is great for SOP and other documents. I had all of my documents written by writelifetoday. It is best to contact now since it is early in the admission cycle.

Hi DaisyBDS ,

could you please let me know where I can find pacific manual for bench test. if you have can you please share with me.
thanks in advance.

Can u plz provide some more info regarding research n observership? I'm currently preparing for part 1, moved to US in Nov 2014.
Please advice.Will really appreciate your any kind of help
Thanks
[email protected]

Can u plz provide some more info regarding research n observership? I'm currently preparing for part 1, moved to US in Nov 2014.
Please advice.Will really appreciate your any kind of help
Thanks
[email protected]
Hi,
I would suggest you contact any dental school in the area where you are living as that will be the best option for both observing and research.

my story is a bit long but ill shorten it, i am a foreign trained dentist living in canada, it is a bit tasking getting in, so i wanna try both usa and canada together, i have written the dat, and presently applied for the equivalency process, in canada, however i have not been approved yet, hopefully soon but i might have to meet Februarys exam if i cant write the one in august
on research for USA, i noticed i have to write ECE, Toefl, ndbe 1 and also the application fees for these cycles, for that i need work and so im trying my hands on dental assisting exam to enable me to pay for the program,
i have a friend that has me feeling bad because of my long route , he has channeled all his time and money into nbde and i dont think he knows about all this, research and needing letter of recommendation, if im a dental assistant i will get a LOR from my dentist another advantage of dental assiting

i want to thank the original poster as ur post as been very insightful, before the end of the year ill surely be able to pay for every single thing,
i wanted to ask if u did ECE?
also is the bench test another requirement to get into schools?
dentistry was 6 years in my school. will the school pick the best four years when evaluating my transcript?
im thinking of buffalo and michigan as it is near the border of canada
thank you
[

HI DaisyBDS!

Congratulations!! and thank you for helping us all.

I am starting to research all the requirements for working as a dentist in the US. I am currently studying the DDS in Mexico. I have two years left.

I have a bachelor's degree in Music already, from UNT. after graduation, I came back to Mexico and switched careers.

I know the basic requirements. One of the is to study two years in an accredited US school. What is this program called? is this the program you enrolled in at UOP?
I saw the requirements in in Texas. They require two years of and specialty and this will fulfill this requirement:
http://www.tsbde.state.tx.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=73
However, in the American dental student association I read that we need to gain again a DDS in an accredited US school.

Also, What are the bench tests and how can I take classes for them?

Thank you so much!