Got my flu shot today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rph3664

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Because I just didn't want it done by a pharmacist, for a multitude of reasons that we can all guess, I went to the next county over to their health department, where they were having a flu shot clinic today, and to my surprise, I didn't have to pay for it! They asked me for my insurance card, and filed it right there. It wasn't really out of my way either, because I was in that town anyway for something else.

:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Because I just didn't want it done by a pharmacist, for a multitude of reasons that we can all guess, I went to the next county over to their health department, where they were having a flu shot clinic today, and to my surprise, I didn't have to pay for it! They asked me for my insurance card, and filed it right there. It wasn't really out of my way either, because I was in that town anyway for something else.

Come on! You're not hardcore until you've given yourself a flu shot. Try harder next year.

Come on! You're not hardcore until you've given yourself a flu shot. Try harder next year.

My old roomate did that last year. Was convinced that it was perfectly legal and acceptable.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of the techs at my old job has a child who is severely disabled, and her husband is a livestock farmer. She considered purchasing flu vaccine with a prescription and having her husband give it so they wouldn't have to take their child to the doctor. :oops: Some of us pointed out that wrestling a non-verbal teenager just isn't the same as vaccinating a litter of piglets, and she decided not to do it.

They're wonderful parents and :love: this child very much, so we knew where they were coming from.

The nurse also said I had "tough" skin, because it was harder to penetrate than that of the people before me. That did make sense, because both of the people ahead of me were senior citizens.

Just curious, why don't you want your flu vaccine done by a pharmacist?

Reactions: 1 user

I did this for the past 3 years >_> I am always my first customer in my store, fresh out of the cooling box

I billed my insurance and got Pneumovax for free too eventho there is no indication for a healthy non smoker like me. Also, completed gardisil shots at 29 yo... I'd take anything that make me more immune to diseases LOL

This is how I feel as well. Lol

I know pharmacist that have given them-self the shot but me and my partner get each other.

Every pharmacist I have ever worked with has given the shot to his or her self. Haha.

I did this for the past 3 years >_> I am always my first customer in my store, fresh out of the cooling box

I billed my insurance and got Pneumovax for free too eventho there is no indication for a healthy non smoker like me. Also, completed gardisil shots at 29 yo... I'd take anything that make me more immune to diseases LOL

I seriously lol'ed at this. bahahahaha

I know an older pharmacist who gives it to himself in the thigh every year, because he can't bend his arm around to get the deltoid.

Surprised your insurance paid for it. When you getting Zostavax? I'd really like to see that one self administered.

Nope, Still confused why you didn't want to get it done by a pharmacist. Really not sure if anyone else understands why you wouldn't want it done by a pharmacist either....