got to write a letter for medical lab technology school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danny411

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is the correct format ? are there any samples here ?

A letter of intent (approximately 500 words) detailing the applicant's career goals, knowledge of the profession, related experience and reasons for seeking admission to the Medical Laboratory Science program

my eg sample

xxx

feb 3, 2009

Dear Mike Ho admissions,

Im applying. Your my first choice so so . I'm would be very happy to accept placement in the next startup. Ever since my brother developed lupis i have had a great desire to help people...seeing him go through dyliasis treatments for x amount of time. And the effects on him after he had a kidney transplant has shown me that this is what i would like to do. Therefore iam seeking admissions in your program. ( i guess you can say all the people involved inspired me to make a difference)

Throughout i have developed close connection with a hospital Admin. She has worked closely with me. My mentor has taught me that by taking your program i can enhance the well being of sick people. I plan on doing so and so...so i can do x and y. Talk about the profession and how the school will enable me to fullfill my goals.

I dont have experience yet but i soon will. im volunteering and in the summer i will be attending college. I will be looking at slides, chemical analysis, cells...(stuck on this part). Only type of bench work i have done in the past is on carbarators in a shop. I re and re carbs for 4 years. (fix em, test and set up)

sincerely me

There has got to be a better way of doing this ? This is really week ? I dont think i have sold them on me? What can i do better ?

thanks dan

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: