GPA: 3.55/ MCAT 33S school list /chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pika1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nice MCAT! Besides shadowing, do you have any other volunteering experiences in the field of medicine?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
I think your list is pretty good and fairly well balanced. If you were looking to eliminate some schools I would recommend the following:
Howard (HBC): ~80% of class is African American so as a non URM this is not a safety.
Boston U and GW both look for a ton of community service and get 10k + applicants.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Colorado is not that OOS friendly, so I would get rid of it (also maybe UVa...not as sure about that though). As for adding schools, University of Southern California might be a good one to add (and the secondary is actually enjoyable to fill out), and OHSU considers WA residents IS I believe.

usc is pretty awesome and it is rising....the dean is bringing in a lot of funding and prominent researchers/profs/physicians/people.

I'm pretty sure Colorado is not that OOS friendly, so I would get rid of it (also maybe UVa...not as sure about that though). As for adding schools, University of Southern California might be a good one to add (and the secondary is actually enjoyable to fill out), and OHSU considers WA residents IS I believe.

I don't think OHSU considers WA residents instate, but they do like applicants interested in primary care, and I would assume pacific northwesterners might have a slight advantage?

As someone who will be applying next year and nearly Identical sGPA and cGPA and practice MCAT stats, how would you all grade the chances of being accepted. Does the MCAT being that high (congrats by the way) really off set the GPA's being lower than average for some of the schools?

As someone who will be applying next year and nearly Identical sGPA and cGPA and practice MCAT stats, how would you all grade the chances of being accepted. Does the MCAT being that high (congrats by the way) really off set the GPA's being lower than average for some of the schools?

Sure does.

Add VCU! and you're a strong applicant. Good luck :thumbup: