MD GPA 4.0; MCAT 31 Please help me with school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted603294

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Safer schools would be schools such as St. Louis, Western Michigan, Oakland Beaumont, Hofstra, New York Medical College, Albany, Quinnipiac, Drexel, Jefferson, Temple. Add those to your original list and you should receive several interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Undergraduate Major: Biochemistry
4.0 cGPA 4.0 sGPA
MCAT 31 (PS 11 VR 11 BS 9) (This was a retake from April MCAT of 30: 10/8/12)
4 Excellent LORs

Extracurriculars:
Clinical Volunteering - 200 hrs
Clinical shadowing - 30 hrs
Tutoring - 400 hrs
Biochem Research - 1500 hrs
Social Science Research - 850 hrs

This is my current list of schools:

Current List:
Duke
Dartmouth
George Washington
Georgetown
Loyola
Mayo
Northwestern
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Southern Illinois
Tufts
University of Illinois
University of Chicago
Brown

I am looking for safer schools to add based on my MCAT! Any input/help would be greatly appreciated!
If you are from S IL, you have 5 schools on this list where you have a fair to good chance at an II. Take another 7 or so of @Faha suggestions and with an otherwise strong ap, you should be fine. It's true that a few of your "reaches" are unreachable, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! Thank you! Also, there are some schools that take best set of scores; do you think it's worth looking into/applying to these schools instead of some schools that I already have on the list? My bests set of scores would be 11/11/12 (34), but I just don't know if this would make any difference/worth trouble.
I don't think that is worth chasing. Even if there are a few schools that say they do it.