GPA Calculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicknickp3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this has been asked before, I've looked through a few threads and haven't found the topic I'm looking for. My university doesn't use the +/- system to calculate gap's; however, some teachers do put a plus or minus on the transcript (even though its not used for calculation). Will my aacomas gpa include the courses i've earned a minus in?

Members don't see this ad.

I apologize if this has been asked before, I've looked through a few threads and haven't found the topic I'm looking for. My university doesn't use the +/- system to calculate gap's; however, some teachers do put a plus or minus on the transcript (even though its not used for calculation). Will my aacomas gpa include the courses i've earned a minus in?
Not 100% sure but I believe if it's on your transcripts then aacomas will include it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I say when in doubt, go with what's printed on the official transcript.

Thats where the problem is. The official transcript has a - by two of my courses, at the same time I earned 4.0x4 not 3.7x4 in both of them.

Thats where the problem is. The official transcript has a - by two of my courses, at the same time I earned 4.0x4 not 3.7x4 in both of them.
Your school's calculation is meaningless to them. They will assign the + or - if it's on the transcript.