GPA importance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reinels

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.
I want to know how much of an important part does your GPA playing in getting IDP program. I graduated from the Philippines and my GPA is 2.6. It was accredited by ECE. I know my GPA is kind of low..my school didn't give good grade overall..actually i was top 3 in my class with that grade. Is my GPA is too low to compete with other candidates?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,,
I have a gpa exactly as yours. So I will tell you about my experience. I was worried as you when i started applying. I was depressed as I did not hear from any of the schools during my first cycle. This is my second cycle and I got 5 interviews and one acceptance.( I declined some of the interviews). My advice for you is stay focused and keep improving your profile. Every candidate has a different profile and the universities look for a good mix of all kinds of students

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello,,
I have a gpa exactly as yours. So I will tell you about my experience. I was worried as you when i started applying. I was depressed as I did not hear from any of the schools during my first cycle. This is my second cycle and I got 5 interviews and one acceptance.( I declined some of the interviews). My advice for you is stay focused and keep improving your profile. Every candidate has a different profile and the universities look for a good mix of all kinds of students

My gpa is the same and it bothers me a lot as some has almost perfect gpa. Thank God I know that we have a chance cause you got accepted! Can you share us any idea on how to get our chances stronger? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
I graduated in2013.... gpa 3.1...applied in 2014, 2015.. not a single interview. At present Hv part 1, 2 , Toefl 110. Currently BDS Tutor in dental college in India. Have clinical experience in home country, observerships in US, preceptorship course in boston, volunteering in US and India, lot of cde programs. Will apply in 2017 Cycle, are there chances of acceptance?

Thank you

Hi dentist network, you seem to have good credentials,, maybe you should work on your sop and try to reflect your personality through it. Don't undermine any part of the application. Also since you are not based in the US try to show what drives you to do DDS here.
Don't loose hope,, stay focused and you will get through!

Hey dentOme,

Thank you so much. The points you highlighted are definitely worth, I will keep them in account and start working on it. Thanks again.
One thing more, this GPA of mine is really bothering me... I feel not a single interview till now is because of GPA.... Wt urz take on it?[/QUOTE]

Last edited: