GPA on sophas??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

honeybadger11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

My transcript showed up as "received" on SOPHAS almost three weeks ago, but SOPHAS still doesn't have a GPA calculated for me. Does anyone have some insight as to why this is? I submitted the application officially a week ago. :shrug:

Thanks!

Applied: (11/11/12) Michigan, Columbia, Yale, Emory, Tulane, Boston U, Minnesota, University of Illinois Chicago
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey folks,

My transcript showed up as "received" on SOPHAS almost three weeks ago, but SOPHAS still doesn't have a GPA calculated for me. Does anyone have some insight as to why this is? I submitted the application officially a week ago. :shrug:

Thanks!

Applied: (11/11/12) Michigan, Columbia, Yale, Emory, Tulane, Boston U, Minnesota, University of Illinois Chicago
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

They calculate your GPA after you submit rather than after they receive your transcripts. It took about a week and a half for mine to get calculated after I submitted my app.

Members don't see this ad :)
They calculate your GPA after you submit rather than after they receive your transcripts. It took about a week and a half for mine to get calculated after I submitted my app.

Hi xoromanticide,
I have a quick question for you. Does sophas calculate GPA for us? Can't we send our GPA to sophas through WES? But the schools take WES evaluated GPA. :confused: Hope to receive your reply soon.
thanks!

Hi xoromanticide,
I have a quick question for you. Does sophas calculate GPA for us? Can't we send our GPA to sophas through WES? But the schools take WES evaluated GPA. :confused: Hope to receive your reply soon.
thanks!

Hi,

SOPHAS does calculate your gpa for you once you submit your application. You still need to submit all your documentation, like you're required to, but the gpa calculated by SOPHAS may be different from your school's calculated gpa or different from WES. I hope that helps.

Hi,

SOPHAS does calculate your gpa for you once you submit your application. You still need to submit all your documentation, like you're required to, but the gpa calculated by SOPHAS may be different from your school's calculated gpa or different from WES. I hope that helps.

thank you for replying.
Congrats for getting accepted @ tulane university. May i know the admission requirements like gre score, toefl and gpa, etc for getting accepted @ tulane. I'll be applying for mph/tropical medicine @ tulane. It could be helpful.

thank you for replying.
Congrats for getting accepted @ tulane university. May i know the admission requirements like gre score, toefl and gpa, etc for getting accepted @ tulane. I'll be applying for mph/tropical medicine @ tulane. It could be helpful.

I was applying for a different concentration, so you'll have to look at Tulane's website to find out exactly what their requirements are, because the departments have different admission requirements. Good luck!

I was applying for a different concentration, so you'll have to look at Tulane's website to find out exactly what their requirements are, because the departments have different admission requirements. Good luck!

thank you!

How long does it take for WES to send your evaluated credentials to SOPHAS? My credential evaluation was done by WES over a week ago,but SOPHAS is yet to receive it