GPA/sGPA 3.9, MCAT 37, OK ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radiogoogoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats on your MCAT score.

Seeing as how you are applying to mainly NY schools, why not the upstate SUNY's in addition to Cornell and Mt. Sinai?

Since you didn't elaborate too much on your EC's it would be hard to tell you your chances at the top tiers, but you certainly have the plain stats for them.

Thank you! I honestly thought I would get a 35 max.

I can't apply to Cornell because I am using my AP credit to fulfill gen chem and they don't accept it. I might add SUNY upstate though. And I'll probably add Temple, Einstein, and Umass.

I did organic synthesis research for a year, cancer diagnosis research using RNA markers for one summer, and aging research with rodent models for a year.
I volunteered as an ED observation unit patient aide for 170 hours in two different hospitals over one year. Volunteered in a private pediatric clinic as a clerk/assistant for ~300 hours over three years.

Members don't see this ad :)

I can't apply to Cornell because I am using my AP credit to fulfill gen chem and they don't accept it. I might add SUNY upstate though. And I'll probably add Temple, Einstein, and Umass.

I did organic synthesis research for a year, cancer diagnosis research using RNA markers for one summer, and aging research with rodent models for a year.
I volunteered as an ED observation unit patient aide for 170 hours in two different hospitals over one year. Volunteered in a private pediatric clinic as a clerk/assistant for ~300 hours over three years.

Umass only accepts in-state residents unfortunately.

Do you have any leadership type positions?

the only leadership type of activity I have is discussion leader for my TA class sessions.