GPA to lose acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Panthers88

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How badly would your grades have to drop your last semester to lose an acceptance?

I do not ask out of laziness my last semester, I ask because my last semester classes are actually pretty hard and I'm overloaded with things. Please don't troll :(

Members don't see this ad.

How badly would your grades have to drop your last semester to lose an acceptance?

I do not ask out of laziness my last semester, I ask because my last semester classes are actually pretty hard and I'm overloaded with things. Please don't troll :(

I'd guess below 3.0. But I think you would have to check your prospective med school admission requirements

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on the medical school. UVA says they will need you to talk to them if you get a C and if you get a D, they consider that grounds for rescinding an acceptance. Other schools might be stricter, others more lenient. If you're getting straight Bs, I wouldn't sweat it too much. If you're throwing some Cs in there, it might be time to reevaluate your course load and possible drop a class or an EC.

I just wonder how the hell your gonna justify risking your spot in this situation

Dont overload before you're in med school. drop classes unless you absolutely have to take them, and chill. Honestly, Bs wont hurt you, and as long as you dont fail you should be good. I really hope med schools dont rescind acceptances over Cs because that is stupid, unless they want people to burnout stressing before med school even starts.

Dont overload before you're in med school. drop classes unless you absolutely have to take them, and chill. Honestly, Bs wont hurt you, and as long as you dont fail you should be good. I really hope med schools dont rescind acceptances over Cs because that is stupid, unless they want people to burnout stressing before med school even starts.
I am taking classes needed to graduate.

Reactions: 1 user
I am taking classes needed to graduate.

Any chance you can take a step back and do some of the courses during spring quarter without making things harder for you then?

Any chance you can take a step back and do some of the courses during spring quarter without making things harder for you then?
We do only semesters not quarters

I think my school's letter said we need to get a C or better in remaining classes

A couple schools I've spoken to said they expect you to earn at least a B in every class