Gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vidic27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got my gpa nd its 2.9!!!!!!! its very low but is it possi to get in a school wid a 2.9 ? nd how to improve the gpa? i mean i know it cant be improved, but does sending certificate of courses like implants or aesthtics to the ECE make any difference to the gpa?:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

42 views nd no reply!! come on guys

you cant improve your GPA, unless you do some other university based course which will have different GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
tht means no chance o gettin admission wid this gpa?

don't worry, man.......other factors are also evaluated for an interview or acceptance....and important thing. now u can't change ur gpa so........

not even from gettin it evaluated again nd sending them implant , aesthetics nd other courses certificates? don they increase the credits?

Nothing you can do will increase your GPA (unless you take US university based course, which will give you separate GPA). You need not to worry too much about GPA. Get good Part I and II scores, do some assistant work and some volunteer work. Then get a good CV together and apply and hope for the best. I had a 2.83 ECE GPA.

About 2 years ago I was invited for an interview at 5 dental schools and got into 2, wait listed at 2.

So, it is possible.

Good Luck

Dentalbug

Reactions: 1 user
i got my gpa nd its 2.9!!!!!!! its very low but is it possi to get in a school wid a 2.9 ? nd how to improve the gpa? i mean i know it cant be improved, but does sending certificate of courses like implants or aesthtics to the ECE make any difference to the gpa?:xf:
dont worry about your GPA, it counts but its not the only parameter which is considered, your experience, your NBDE scores , what have you been doing after your graduation all that counts . Good luck on your NBDE .Believe me you will be fine.work hard on your TOEFL and NBDE.ALL THE BEST.

Try also sending it to WES. Seems like they give better scores..

But I have a 2.88 GPA (ECE) and I got 4 interviews out of the 5 schools I applied to.
I declined one of the interviews and was accepted in the other 3 schools.

So focus on making the rest of your resume compensate for the low GPA. It might not be a big deal!

good luck!

But I have a 2.88 GPA (ECE) and I got 4 interviews out of the 5 schools I applied to.

So focus on making the rest of your resume compensate for the low GPA. It might not be a big deal!

good luck!

he hi..can i know which universities did u apply?
did u do any dental assisstant n research work..please reply..

good luck!

Hey can any one please tell me what is comprehensive gpa and whAt is best result? And on which one does universities Look at ?

They calculate best result in case you retook exams and count the best grade in

Oh thanks I get big relief when I saw this post that university take best result in to consideration because my best result is 3.10 bt comprehensive is very very low 1.83

Oh thanks I get big relief when I saw this post that university take best result in to consideration because my best result is 3.10 bt comprehensive is very very low 1.83
Hey hi . I still dint understand what u meant by ur best result score and comprehensive gpa..can u plzz tell me why u meant by that