GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Undergrad: UConn
Major: Allied Health Sciences
Minor: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.48
GRE: V: 152 Q: 156 AW: 3.5

Extracurricular: Academics chair for fraternity, Autism speaks fundraising chair

Work: PT Aide ~400 hours

Volunteer: 56 hours acute inpatient, 10 elementary school, 10 birth-to-three home health

Applying: UConn, Sacred Heart, University of Hartford, MCPHS, MGH, UVM

Interviews: Sacred Heart (1/16), MCPHS (Declined)

Waitlist: Sacred Heart

Rejections: MGH, UVM

Acceptances: UConn, University of Hartford

Super pumped about getting in to my number 1 UConn! Don't Sleep on the essay and resume, I'm convinced that's what did it for me

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Undergrad: UConn
Major: Allied Health Sciences
Minor: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.48
GRE: V: 152 Q: 156 AW: 3.5

Extracurricular: Academics chair for fraternity, Autism speaks fundraising chair

Work: PT Aide ~400 hours

Volunteer: 56 hours acute inpatient, 10 elementary school, 10 birth-to-three home health

Applying: UConn, Sacred Heart, University of Hartford, MCPHS, MGH, UVM

Interviews: Sacred Heart (1/16), MCPHS (Declined)

Waitlist: Sacred Heart

Rejections: MGH, UVM

Acceptances: UConn, University of Hartford

Super pumped about getting in to my number 1 UConn! Don't Sleep on the essay and resume, I'm convinced that's what did it for me
This is the OT forum. I think you're on the wrong one.

Reactions: 1 users
University: University of Southern California (USC)
Major: Business Administration
Overall GPA: 3.66
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 155 V, 162 Q, 4.5 Writing

Extra-Curric: Co-founded AMF's (Always Moving Forward) USC chapter organization, VP of public relations for my sorority, e-board of various clubs

Volunteer: 85 total hours shadowing spinal cord and brain injury patients, taught weekly lessons to first grade students through an OT class

Applied: USC, NYU, Pitt, Columbia, Tufts, Puget Sound

Acceptances: Puget Sound (2/12), NYU (2/21 today!)

Wait list: Pitt (still completing physio pre-req, so they won't tell me until I receive a grade but I won't likely attend even if accepted)

Rejections: None so far

None of my schools required interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
University: The University of Akron, Cleveland State University
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.6
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9

Extra-Curric: ~60 observation hours: Skilled nursing facility (in/out pt.), Pediatrics rehab. (in/out pt.)
Work: Home healthcare aide (current), PT aide, PT internship (non-paid)
Volunteer: Autism Society of Greater Cleveland, Columbus Special Olympics Summer State Games

Applied: Cleveland State University, Shawnee State, Temple University, Indiana State, Nova Southeastern, U of Pitt

Rejections: U of Pitt

Wait listed: Nova

Interviews: Temple University (phone 2/2)

Acceptances: Temple University (2/4 - accepted!), Indiana State University (2/4 - declined). Still waiting to hear from CSU and Shawnee State

***Has anyone heard back from Cleveland State?
I'm also waiting to hear back from CSU - they said that they'll send out admissions decisions by the end of March. I've been accepted elsewhere & will go if I have to, but CSU would be the most convenient for me!

I'm also waiting to hear back from CSU - they said that they'll send out admissions decisions by the end of March. I've been accepted elsewhere & will go if I have to, but CSU would be the most convenient for me!

Okay great that's what I thought. I've also been accepted elsewhere, but I'm from Cleveland so way more convenient. I heard some people already got accepted, but they may have been notified because they went to undergrad there.

Okay great that's what I thought. I've also been accepted elsewhere, but I'm from Cleveland so way more convenient. I heard some people already got accepted, but they may have been notified because they went to undergrad there.

Do either of you happen to know what the total is that CSU accepts and if there is a number of guaranteed spots for their undergrads?

Wow congrats on your progress! How did fgcu contact you with acceptance?

Sorry for the late response - Thank you so much and good luck to you!! They contacted me by phone - I submitted my application on a Thursday and by the next Wednesday I got a phone call from them to come in for an interview which I picked the upcoming Friday of that week and then the next Wednesday after they emailed me the acceptance. :) Are you waiting to hear back from them?

Last edited:
Did you get accepted or wait-listed at Philadelphia Univ?

I am currently waitlisted at Phila U. =/ I'm in limbo land - This is what the letter says "Thank you for your application to the MS in Occupational Therapy (OT) program. At this time, the department has reached its enrollment limits for the Fall 2016 semester. The Admissions committee feels, however, that given your strong academic and professional background you would be an asset to the program. They have placed your name on a waiting list for Fall 2016 enrollment."

I am currently waitlisted at Phila U. =/ I'm in limbo land
I'm sorry about Towson. When did you hear back from them?

Maybe a way to breach the topic would be to ask if they received all of your materials and go from there?

I heard back February 3rd. I tried to ask the admissions coordinator about what the actual GPA they calculated was and she couldn't give me a definitive answer but I went on my undergrad GPA calculator from UF and counted back 60 credits (it was weird because I had an internship that was a S/U so it didn't count) but I came up with a 3.15 for the last 60 credits. The admissions coordinator also said that the 4 A's I just received this past fall semester wouldn't count towards the last 60 credits which completely sucked...because they were asking for a 3.25 GPA and I would've had it if so.

Major: Psychology
Undergrad GPA: 3.3
OTCAS calculated undergrad GPA: 3.45
Pre-req GPA: ranges from ~3.7-4.0
GRE: 150V, 151Q, 4.5 writing

Shadowing hours: 180+ Hours in a variety of settings including outpatient private peds practice, SNFs, inpatient adult rehab, special needs day camp, and elementary schools

Applied: Boston University, Massachusetts General Hospital IHP, Virginia Commonwealth, Nova Southeastern University MOT, A.T. Still, Sacred Heart, University of New England, Bay Path, D'Youville, Ithaca, Chatham, Salus, Temple, Thomas Jefferson OTD, Belmont, Columbia, NYU (I applied literally everywhere--underestimated myself and had low confidence so it's a long list!)

Interviews: Nova Southeastern, MGH, Boston University, A.T. Still, Sacred Heart, University of New England, Chatham, Salus, Thomas Jefferson, Temple (2 phone interviews), Belmont (declined interview), Ithaca (declined interview)

Acceptances: all of the above: Nova Southeastern University, Boston University, Virginia Commonwealth, A.T. Still, Sacred Heart, University of New England, Bay Path, D'Youville, Chatham, Salus, Temple, Thomas Jefferson OTD

Still waiting to hear back from: MGH, Columbia, and NYU (I will likely be declining any interviews or further steps with Columbia or NYU at this point.)

Rejections: none!

Good luck to everyone!!

Wow congratulations!!! How early did you apply and where did you go for undergrad?

I am currently waitlisted at Phila U. =/ I'm in limbo land - This is what the letter says "Thank you for your application to the MS in Occupational Therapy (OT) program. At this time, the department has reached its enrollment limits for the Fall 2016 semester. The Admissions committee feels, however, that given your strong academic and professional background you would be an asset to the program. They have placed your name on a waiting list for Fall 2016 enrollment."

Yeah, me too :(

Wow congratulations!!! How early did you apply and where did you go for undergrad?
Thanks! I had all my applications submitted by the first week of September. It was great because I already had an acceptance in early October so my "waiting game" wasn't too prolonged. Good luck to you!!

Sorry for the late response - Thank you so much and good luck to you!! They contacted me by phone - I submitted my application on a Thursday and by the next Wednesday I got a phone call from them to come in for an interview which I picked the upcoming Friday of that week and then the next Wednesday after they emailed me the acceptance. :) Are you waiting to hear back from them?
Wow thats great! Yes I am waiting to hear about a decision. Wanda said that I will have a decicion by March 1st. Did you also apply at UF? If so, have you heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
University: Undergrad: SUNY Geneseo, Graduate: UMN
Major: Undergrad: Biology, Graduate: MPH Epidemiology
Overall GPA: 3.3
Pre-Req GPA: not quite sure 3.6 - 3.8 depending on which statistics course they used
GRE: Took in 2010 so 630V, 560Q, 4.0W

Extra-Curric: Competitive rower for 9 years, former rowing coach, Cross-country skiing
Work: Craniofacial Research Coordinator at children's hospital
Volunteer: 100+ hrs adaptive recreation volunteer (crafts and swimming lessons), 25 hrs adaptive track and field coach. 2 weeks volunteering in medical clinics in Guatemala, 1 summer teaching community health in Ghana.

Applied: St. Kate's Weekend Program

Acceptances: St. Kate's Weekend Program!

Rejections: None!

Interviews:N/A

Pre-Req GPA: not quite sure 3.6 - 3.8 depending on which statistics course they used

Extra-Curric: Competitive rower for 9 years, former rowing coach, Cross-country skiing
Volunteer: 100+ hrs adaptive recreation volunteer (crafts and swimming lessons), 25 hrs adaptive track and field coach. 2 weeks volunteering in medical clinics in Guatemala, 1 summer teaching community health in Ghana.

When did you hear from St. Kate's? Congrats!

Got accepted into UTEP's MOT program today!!!

Stats:
Major: Agricultural Leadership and Development
Overall GPA: 3.86 (OTCAS), 3.93 (Texas A&M)
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
Last 60hrs GPA: 4.0
GRE: (Was not taken into consideration this cycle)

Observation Hours: 128 hrs total
-58 Skilled Nursing Facility
-70 Pediatric outpatient clinic

Applied: UTEP

Acceptances:
UTEP

I spoke to someone who's cousin was already accepted, but did her undergrad at OSU.... So I have no idea. Historically it seems like they send out everything around St Patrick's day so that's when I'm hoping I'll get more info

Their website says 45 total, 10 of which are CSU undergrads. Good odds! I inserted the link to their admission information on their website :) https://www.csuohio.edu/sciences/health-sciences/admissions-0
I just remembered - so everything is based on points. When I spoke to Glen, he said the average GPA of accepted students was 3.3-3.7. Also, if you finished all of the 8 prerequisites and already graduated with your bachelor's, you get extra points. When we figured out my hypothetical points (assuming I got the average 17 pts for my personal statement), I scored just above the high average of accepted students, and I have a 3.42 GPA & average GRE. Of course, it all depends on who else applied this year, but maybe that'll help

Wow thats great! Yes I am waiting to hear about a decision. Wanda said that I will have a decicion by March 1st. Did you also apply at UF? If so, have you heard anything?
Ok good that's not too far off! Yes I also applied at UF - as far as I know they don't do interviews (at least they don't for PT). Their deadline was the 15th tho so I wouldn't expect to hear anything from them I guess until mid-March...unless someone else has heard anything??

When did you get your acceptance to St Kate's? I also applied for the weekend program but haven't heard anything yet. Did you receive it in the mail or email? Congrats!

When did you get your acceptance to St Kate's? I also applied for the weekend program but haven't heard anything yet. Did you receive it in the mail or email? Congrats!

I received my letter on Monday. However I live in St. Paul, so it didn't have far to travel. Good Luck!

Congrats!! I was also accepted into St. Kate's weekend program! :) So exciting!

You should be getting a letter soon! I live over an hour away and received my letter this Monday. Good luck!

Major: Health Ecology Minor: Psychology and Gerontology
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE: 152 Quantitative / 146 Verbal / 4 Analytical Writing

Observation Hours:
80+ hours: outpatient, inpatient, SNF, Elementary School

Volunteer/work:
Plenty of Extracurricular activities as an undergraduate
1+ yrs exp as a psychosocial rehabilitation worker
3 yrs exp in employment/business services

Applied: Samuel Merritt, UTMB, UTHSCSA, UTEP, A.T. Still University, FGCU, Texas Tech

Acceptances: A.T. Still University

Waitlist: UTMB

Rejections: UTHSCSA(2 classes didn't meet req), Samuel Merritt, Texas Tech

Interviews: UTMB, Samuel Merritt, A.T. Still University

Did you hear back from UTEP yet?

I just remembered - so everything is based on points. When I spoke to Glen, he said the average GPA of accepted students was 3.3-3.7. Also, if you finished all of the 8 prerequisites and already graduated with your bachelor's, you get extra points. When we figured out my hypothetical points (assuming I got the average 17 pts for my personal statement), I scored just above the high average of accepted students, and I have a 3.42 GPA & average GRE. Of course, it all depends on who else applied this year, but maybe that'll help

That makes sense then why a few people have heard since they were there for undergrad.

I did the same with Dr. Goodman! He is a really nice guy. My friend in the program who also works in the admissions office said things are moving a little slower this year due to a faculty member having health issues. I hope it's not much later so I can decide if I'm moving out of state or not!

University: The University of Texas at Austin (graduated in 2011)
Majors: Biomedical Engineering, and Chinese
Overall GPA: 3.13
Pre-Req GPA: 3.89
GRE: 160V 162Q 3.0W

Extra-Curric: Habitat for Humanity, Women in Engineering Program (WEP), VaNTH, Undergraduate research assistant (had 1 publication), Animal shelter worker
Work: Product engineer in a consumer electronics company (non-OT related)
Volunteer: 25 hrs private clinic pediatrics OT, 8 hrs charity organization pediatrics OT (on a ranch), 12 hrs rehab center outpatient OT, 3 hrs aquatics/OT, 5 hrs hippotherapy OT

Applied: UTMB, TWU (houston), UTHSCSA

Rejections: none so far

Wait listed: UTMB, TWU (houston)

Interviews: UTMB, TWU (houston), UTHSCSA

Acceptances: UTHSCSA

That makes sense then why a few people have heard since they were there for undergrad.

I did the same with Dr. Goodman! He is a really nice guy. My friend in the program who also works in the admissions office said things are moving a little slower this year due to a faculty member having health issues. I hope it's not much later so I can decide if I'm moving out of state or not!

Same here! Where would you be moving to? Texas, for me...

University: University of Missouri
Major: Journalism/Spanish
Overall GPA: 3.46 (according to OTCAS)
GRE: Verbal — 161, Quantitative — 152, Analytical Writing — 4.5

Extra-Curricular: I actually graduated in December 2009 and since then have been working in fundraising for nonprofits. In college I studied abroad and interned with Greenpeace Argentina, also interned with the Missouri State House of Representatives and an international magazine, reported for the local newspaper and mentored middle-schoolers. I grew up working at my dad's dental practice and helped him sell it a couple years ago, so I have *some* healthcare experience.
Volunteer: I've been teaching ESL since college and volunteering on a suicide and crisis hotline for about four years, prob 600 hours at this point? ESL more like 300. I also volunteer at a therapeutic riding center but have only been there since April.
Observations: 25 with a pediatric home healthcare OT, 12 hippotherapy, 10 at an upper extremity injury clinic, 26 rehab, 8 acute care, 10 skilled nursing
Letters of Reference: work supervisor/VP of my company, volunteer supervisor at the crisis hotline, physics professor, rehab OT I shadowed

Applied: Texas Woman's University — Dallas, University of Texas Medical Branch, Belmont University, Colorado State University, University of St. Augustine — San Marcos, MGH Institute of Health Sciences, University of New England, Rush University
Interviews: Belmont (11/13), University of St. Augustine (12/4 — declined), University of New England (12/14), Rush University (12/21 — declined), UTMB (1/22), MGH IHP (2/5)
Acceptances: Belmont (11/23), TWU — Dallas (12/10), UTMB (1/27), MGH IHP (2/24)
Rejections: UNE (12/18)
Attending: Nearly certain MGH IHP — to me, the program has the best aspects of Belmont and UTMB, which were my top picks. Just waiting on scholarship info!

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! Your insightful posts have been incredibly helpful : )

Reactions: 2 users
University: University of Missouri
Major: Journalism/Spanish
Overall GPA: 3.46 (according to OTCAS)
GRE: Verbal — 161, Quantitative — 152, Analytical Writing — 4.5

Extra-Curricular: I actually graduated in December 2009 and since then have been working in fundraising for nonprofits. In college I studied abroad and interned with Greenpeace Argentina, also interned with the Missouri State House of Representatives and an international magazine, reported for the local newspaper and mentored middle-schoolers. I grew up working at my dad's dental practice and helped him sell it a couple years ago, so I have *some* healthcare experience.
Volunteer: I've been teaching ESL since college and volunteering on a suicide and crisis hotline for about four years, prob 600 hours at this point? ESL more like 300. I also volunteer at a therapeutic riding center but have only been there since April.
Observations: 25 with a pediatric home healthcare OT, 12 hippotherapy, 10 at an upper extremity injury clinic, 26 rehab, 8 acute care, 10 skilled nursing
Letters of Reference: work supervisor/VP of my company, volunteer supervisor at the crisis hotline, physics professor, rehab OT I shadowed

Applied: Texas Woman's University — Dallas, University of Texas Medical Branch, Belmont University, Colorado State University, University of St. Augustine — San Marcos, MGH Institute of Health Sciences, University of New England, Rush University
Interviews: Belmont (11/13), University of St. Augustine (12/4 — declined), University of New England (12/14), Rush University (12/21 — declined), UTMB (1/22), MGH IHP (2/5)
Acceptances: Belmont (11/23), TWU — Dallas (12/10), UTMB (1/27), MGH IHP (2/24)
Rejections: UNE (12/18)
Attending: Nearly certain MGH IHP — to me, the program has the best aspects of Belmont and UTMB, which were my top picks. Just waiting on scholarship info!

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! Your insightful posts have been incredibly helpful : )

Congrats on MGH!! I'm hanging out on their waitlist, hoping~ :) How did you like Belmont? It caught my eye too late to apply, but I'm thinking I might give it a shot next year if things don't work out this time around.

Congrats on MGH!! I'm hanging out on their waitlist, hoping~ :) How did you like Belmont? It caught my eye too late to apply, but I'm thinking I might give it a shot next year if things don't work out this time around.

Thank you!!! Fingers crossed you get off the waitlist!!

I really liked Belmont! I will say it felt just a smidge pretentious, and the $136k price tag knocked me out. But the facilities are absolutely gorgeous, and I'm certain I'd get a stellar education there. Honestly, since it was my first interview, I don't think I asked enough questions. I did ask my interviewer what distinguished Belmont's from other doctorate-level OT programs and was dismayed that she couldn't answer the question. She directed me to another faculty member, who failed to respond to my emails. That was kind of disappointing. Anyway, I emailed with a Belmont alum who provided some helpful feedback — I'd be happy to send you that, just let me know :)

One thing I loved about both UTMB and MGH is the free clinic they provide to the community and the experience I'd be able to get volunteering there. I also felt like I connected better with the faculty and current students at both schools. I hope things work out for you this time around!! Where else did you apply?

Updated:

University: SDSU San Diego State University

Major: Business with an emphasis in marketing

Overall GPA: 3.0+ish
GRE: V157 Q155 A3.5

Extra-Curric: 200+ hrs with CYKT

Volunteer: 300+ hrs peds, out patient acute, CHT and upper extremity, ADHC

Applied: Belmont University, USC, St. Augustine, Dominican, Huntington, SJSU, Loma Linda, , West Coast, Midwestern University - Downers Grove, Midwestern University - Glendale

Acceptances: Belmont(2/8), Huntington(2/22), Dominican(2/25)

Rejections: Loma Linda (2/4 alternate list)

Interviews: St. Augustine(2/26)

Major: Nutrition & Exercise + Psychology Minor
Overall GPA: 3.52
Pre-Req GPA: between a 3.8 -4.0 depending on the program
GRE: 156 Q, 157 V, 4.5 AW

Extra-Curric: leadership in sorority, special olympics, dance teacher, dance group member, study abroad, facilities supervisor at on-campus gym

Volunteer: about 500 hours at an over-night summer camp for people with mild-moderate physical and intellectual disabilities. Aiding victims of domestic violence with donation booths and spreading awareness. Participation in VT's Big Event, Relay for Life, Greeks giving back ,etc.

Shadowing: 108 hours at a private pediatric outpatient facility, 70 hours at a geriatric care area in a retirement home

Applying: VCU, Belmont, Jefferson College of Health Sciences, Winston-Salem, Rush University, Illinois @ Chicago, Oklahoma, MGH Institute, Stony Brook

Interviews: Belmont (11/13), Rush University (11/21), Stony Brook (12/17), Jefferson College of Health Sciences (2/05), MGH (2/05 offered - declined)

Acceptances: Belmont (11/23), Rush (11/25), Stony Brook (12/22), VCU (2/25), Oklahoma (3/01)

Waitlisted: Winston Salem (2/24), UIC (3/15)

Rejections: Jefferson College of Health Sciences (3/08)

Update because I was accepted into VCU today!!! So shocked and excited!

Last edited:
Major: Psychology
Undergrad GPA: 3.25
OTCAS calculated undergrad GPA: 3.3
Pre-req GPA: ranges from ~3.7-4.0
GRE: 151V, 153Q, 4.5 writing

Shadowing hours: 160+ Hours in a variety of settings including outpatient private peds practice, SNFs, inpatient adult rehab, special needs day camp, and elementary schools

Applied: Boston University, Massachusetts General Hospital IHP, Virginia Commonwealth, Nova Southeastern University MOT, A.T. Still, Sacred Heart, University of New England, Bay Path, D'Youville, Ithaca, Chatham, Salus, Temple, Thomas Jefferson OTD, Belmont, Columbia, NYU (I applied literally everywhere--underestimated myself and had low confidence so it's a long list!)

Interviews: Nova Southeastern, MGH, Boston University, A.T. Still, Sacred Heart, University of New England, Chatham, Salus, Thomas Jefferson, Temple (2 phone interviews), Belmont (declined interview), Ithaca (declined interview)

Acceptances: all of the above: Nova Southeastern University, Boston University, Virginia Commonwealth, A.T. Still, Sacred Heart, University of New England, Bay Path, D'Youville, Chatham, Salus, Temple, Thomas Jefferson OTD

Still waiting to hear back from: MGH, Columbia, and NYU

Rejections: none!

Good luck to everyone!!

Updates: accepted to MGH IHP too! Trying to decide between BU and MGH if anyone has any suggestions!

Updated:

University: SDSU San Diego State University

Major: Business with an emphasis in marketing

Overall GPA: 3.0+ish
GRE: V157 Q155 A3.5

Extra-Curric: 200+ hrs with CYKT

Volunteer: 300+ hrs peds, out patient acute, CHT and upper extremity, ADHC

Applied: Belmont University, USC, St. Augustine, Dominican, Huntington, SJSU, Loma Linda, , West Coast, Midwestern University - Downers Grove, Midwestern University - Glendale

Acceptances: Belmont(2/8), Huntington(2/22), Dominican(2/25)

Rejections: Loma Linda (2/4 alternate list)

Interviews: St. Augustine(2/26)

Hey LAtoSDtoOT,

When did you interview at Dominican University?

Has anyone applied to Adventist University in Florida?

Reactions: 1 users
Mine was kind of long too. Almost 3 pages :/

Mine was a page long without being double spaced. I wasn't sure how long since they said an "essay outlining" your reasons, so it could be short or long. I think I read into thing too much lol. :thinking:

Mine was a page long without being double spaced. I wasn't sure how long since they said an "essay outlining" your reasons, so it could be short or long. I think I read into thing too much lol. :thinking:
Ha oh wow, I didn't even keep in mind the length while writing it. Oh well. Do you know if they will read the personal statement on OTCAS and the supplemental essay?

Ha oh wow, I didn't even keep in mind the length while writing it. Oh well. Do you know if they will read the personal statement on OTCAS and the supplemental essay?

I do think so. I went to their website and under requirements it mentioned the personal essay as well as the supplemental essay. I don't think they would mention it if they weren't going to read it. ;) . By any chance, do you know their minimum GRE score because I was looking for it but I didn't see it. I also saw they accept 30 students.

I do think so. I went to their website and under requirements it mentioned the personal essay as well as the supplemental essay. I don't think they would mention it if they weren't going to read it. ;) . By any chance, do you know their minimum GRE score because I was looking for it but I didn't see it. I also saw they accept 30 students.
I don't think I read anything about a minimum GRE score. But I've called them to ask what they look heavily on and they told me GPA and the GRE which makes me kinda nervous.

has anyone been accepted or waitlisted at UW-La Crosse?

Major: Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.23
Pre-Req GPA: i dunno lol
GRE: 155 Quantitative / 155 Verbal / 4 Analytical Writing

Observation Hours:
60 hours total (mental health, in/out, work conditioning)

Volunteer/work:
US Army 2010-2013, 11B1P

Applied: PhilaU, UofS, UIC, Midwestern (probably not going to accept UofS or Midwestern even if I do get accepted due to super high costs)

Acceptances: PhilaU, UofSciences

Waitlist: None yet

Rejections: None yet

Interviews:

How did UofSciences notify you about your acceptance?

has anyone been accepted or waitlisted at UW-La Crosse?
I was rejected. I was pretty annoyed because they said they didn't like my personal statement. I thought I had good experience and a competitive GPA and they said to strengthen my application I could try to get more experience in the field (I was a PCA for over 2 years where I performed OT, PT, and speech therapy exercises and attended his therapy sessions, as well as over 10o hours of observation/volunteering in 4 different settings). I'm not trying to sound cocky or entitled by any means but it I found it odd the feedback they gave me when I'm sure many applicants didn't have much if any experience in the field (because they don't require any shadowing hours).