GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
University: University of Central Florida
Major: Early Childhood Education
Overall GPA: 3.78
Prerequisites: completing most prerequisites now or in the spring. In the end, my pre-req GPA will probably be in the 3.4 - 3.6 range depending on the school.
GRE: verbal 157, quantitive 153, writing 4.5

Volunteer: 70 Hours observation hours. Handwriting Summer Camp (15 hours), Subacute Rehab Facility (47 hours), and Hospital Inpatient Rehab and Acute (8 hours)

Applying To: University of Toledo, Midwestern Downer's Grove, UIC, Rush, Belmont, and Concordia Wisconsin

Acceptances: --

Rejections: --

Interviews: Belmont, Rush

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Virginia Tech
Bachelor of Science Psychology; Bachelor of Science Human Development
Undergraduate GPA: 3.62
OTCAS GPA: 3.65
Last 90 hours: 3.95
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
GRE: Verbal Reasoning: 155; Quantitative: 156; AW: 4.5
OTCAS submitted 9/24, verified 10/16

OT Observation:
8 Hours in a Pediatric Outpatient Hospital Setting
40 Hours in an Adult Acute Inpatient Hospital Setting
90 Hours at a Private Pediatric Facility (included Handwriting camps, constraint camps, and social groups)
48 Hours in a SNF/Rehab center

-360 hours as a Crisis Hotline Volunteer
-Member of a service sorority - held leadership 2 years
-Member of other organizations and held leadership positions including my university's Undergraduate Honor System and music ensembles.
-Served as a teaching assistant
-2 years of research experience (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th author on posters at Virginia and National conferences)

Applied: VCU, Ohio State, Washington University at St. Louis, Temple
Accepted: VCU (11/20); Temple (12/10); Washington University at St. Louis (OTD) (12/19), Ohio State (1/27)
Rejected: n/a

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been notified about an interview ? Just submitted to OTCAS Sep. 19th. I applied to Belmont. Pacific University (not through OTCAS), Northern Arizona, Huntington, Nova Southeastern and Creighton. Praying to get in somewhere!
Has your OTCAS been verified?
I submitted mine on September 24th and the site still says verifying Sept. 12th. I don't know how often they update the site. On the 24th, they were working on applications submitted on the 1st and on the 30th, they had updated to applications submitted on the 12th.

I am pretty anxious regarding my applications. VCU says they will notify you by January 15th, but one professor said they notify by December 1st. Last year, my friend was notified in the first two weeks of November.

Members don't see this ad :)
University: Boston College
Major/Minor: Psychology/Philosophy

OTCAS GPA:
Prereq GPA: 3.75

GRE: 153 V, 153 Q, 4.0 W

OT Work/Volunteer Experience: 400+ hours in 3 different settings (Psychiatric unit of a hospital, Geriatric short term rehab, School for children with special needs)

Applied: NYU, Columbia, SUNY Downstate, LIU Brooklyn, Temple, Thomas Jefferson, Philly U, BU, MGH, Tufts, MUSC, Sacred Heart
Accepted: Sacred Heart, MGH, Temple, NYU
Rejected: BU, MUSC, Columbia, Tufts, SUNY Downstate
Interviews: LIU Brooklyn (Declined)
Waitlist: NYU (accepted), Thomas Jefferson, Philly U

Attending: NYU

Last edited:
University: Ferrum College
Major/Minor: Health and Human Performance/Coaching

OTCAS GPA:
Prereq GPA: Between 3.7-3.9

GRE: 150 V, 145 Q, 4.5 W

OT Work/Volunteer Experience: I work as an OT rehab tech in a hand therapy clinic as well as 60+ hours in pediatrics and SNF. I also work as a children's fitness instructor and interact with special needs children almost every day.

Applied: VCU, Mary Baldwin- Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences
Accepted:Murphy Deming (9/18/14
Rejected: VCU (4/1/14)
Interviews: Murphy Deming (9/6/14)
Waitlist:

Attending: Most likely Murphy Deming!

Hoping to hear back from Murphy Deming within the next 2 weeks! Was very impressed with their new facility and their faculty members were awesome. Their program does interprofessional education where the OTs, PTs, and PAs all work together and take applicable classes together.

Last edited:
Did VCU give you any feedback? That is my #1 right now - with grad schools and as competitive as OT is, I have no idea where I stand at all.

I emailed them shortly after my rejection and they said I didn't make it pass the quantitative stage. So my essay, letters, extra curric's were not taken into consideration. VCU is very competitive... I believe they said they had over 400 applicants with 32 spots to fill. While I understand the field is competitive, I think they definitely miss out on a lot of valuable applicants by ruling out individuals by numbers and statistics only. While my stats are not the best, I would think they should have at least gotten me to to the qualitative stage.

I would definitely recommend having high stats just so they can get to your essays and references. It was a disappointment, but I took it on the chin and got accepted into a doctorate program 6 months later. If you apply, I wouldn't apply to only VCU (my mistake the first go 'round).

Hope this answered your question! Best of luck to you :)

I emailed them shortly after my rejection and they said I didn't make it pass the quantitative stage. So my essay, letters, extra curric's were not taken into consideration. VCU is very competitive... I believe they said they had over 400 applicants with 32 spots to fill. While I understand the field is competitive, I think they definitely miss out on a lot of valuable applicants by ruling out individuals by numbers and statistics only. While my stats are not the best, I would think they should have at least gotten me to to the qualitative stage.

I would definitely recommend having high stats just so they can get to your essays and references. It was a disappointment, but I took it on the chin and got accepted into a doctorate program 6 months later. If you apply, I wouldn't apply to only VCU (my mistake the first go 'round).

Hope this answered your question! Best of luck to you :)

Thanks for your reply. I visited VCU in June and I was shocked when they said they review applications in the order they are ranked quantitatively and that sometimes they don't even fully review up to 200 applications. I am applying early and hoping that will give me a better chance of at least fully being reviewed. I am glad you received an OTD acceptance. I am applying to a few other schools, but trying to hold off as long as possible before applying and wasting money in the off chance i do get into VCU.

University: ETSU
Major: Exercise Science / Physical Education Minor: Art
Overall GPA: 3.107 Last 60: 3.418
Pre-Req GPA: 3.272 (Oh A&P...)
GRE: V 150 Q 145 W 4.0

Extra-Curric: Vice President Exercise Science Club, Observation 515 hrs, over 1400 clinical hours Chiropractic, and OT Tech 153 hours and counting! Also, loads of experience creatively/artistically(career, hobby, and awarded).

30, non-traditional career changer from Graphic Design (3 yrs), to Chiropractic Therapist Assistant (2 yrs), to OT hopeful. Always had 2-3 jobs while in school and carried 18-20 hours.

Volunteer: Relay for life 3 years (w/awards 3yr. and team officer 1 yr.), Special Olympics 2013, Bake Sales/Jason's Deli's fundraiser for American Cancer Society

Applied: Milligan 6/14
Interview: Milligan 1/16/15 email, 2/27/15 interview day
Accepted: Milligan!! 3/6/15 So excited!! :soexcited::biglove:

Last edited:
University: ETSU
Major: Exercise Science / Physical Education Minor: Art
Overall GPA: 3.107 Last 60: 3.418
Pre-Req GPA: 3.272 (Oh A&P...)
GRE: V 150 Q 145 W 4.0

Extra-Curric: Vice President Exercise Science Club, Observation 515 hrs, over 1400 clinical hours Chiropractic, and OT Tech 153 hours and counting! Also, loads of experience creatively/artistically(career, hobby, and awarded). Always had 2-3 jobs while in school and carried 18-20 hours (is that something schools will even appreciate?).

Volunteer: Relay for life 3 years (w/awards and team officer 1 yr.), Special Olympics 2013, Bake Sales/Jason's Deli's fundraiser for American Cancer Society

Applying: Jefferson College of Health Sciences, Lenoir Rhyne, and Milligan. ANY other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Story: I'm 30, non-traditional career changer from Graphic Design (3 yrs), to Chiropractic Therapist Assistant (2 yrs), to OT hopeful. Also have 50% hearing loss in both ears, wear hearing aids, and federally considered "severe" loss. I've chosen not to mention this in my applications, is this a mistake? My close friends and coworkers don't know about my "condition", because I don't want people to treat me differently. But, in this competitive race.... I *do* know what it's like to have to adapt, make things work, and deal with a limitation. But will school's see my hearing loss as a weakness?

I know my GPA isn't amazing, but I hope the rest of my stats push my app up? Thoughts
P.s. I think I posted this in the wrong section, hoping this section has more feedback! So overwhelmed!

I definitely think that your experiences related to your hearing loss would be a good thing to mention in your personal statement! I don't think they would see it as a weakness. If anything, you could always emphasize how hard you have worked to overcome this struggle. I also worked two part time jobs while being a full-time student. I was sure to include that on my application because it shows you can handle a heavy course load while also juggling other things. That's just my opinion though. I haven't been accepted to any schools yet, but just thought I'd share my thoughts! Good luck :)

Been monitoring this thread for a while, thought it was time to contribute. But just as i like to remind myself, these numbers and whatnot don't really mean much (within reason) and that it is really difficult to know what's going on in the minds of the admissions folks. I actually think reading this thread is bad for me because it ends up making me more anxious. That being said...

University: University of California: Santa Cruz (I'm from the Bay Area)
Major: Philosophy
Overall GPA: 3.59 (last 60 ~3.7)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.85
GRE: 165V 163Q 5AWA

Volunteer: 110 hours inpatient rehab, 40 hours hand therapy, 30 hours pediatrics, 10 hours pediatrics in school setting

Applying: San Jose, Rush, Winston-Salem

Interviews: Rush (1/23)

Waitlist: Rush (1/30), WSSU (2/13)

Acceptances: SJSU (2/5)

Rejections: Pulled out applications after acceptance to San Jose, but most likely denied from Rush and accepted to WSSU

Going to SJSU!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Been monitoring this thread for a while, thought it was time to contribute. But just as i like to remind myself, these numbers and whatnot don't really mean much (within reason) and that it is really difficult to know what's going on in the minds of the admissions folks. I actually think reading this thread is bad for me because it ends up making me more anxious. That being said...

University: University of California: Santa Cruz
Major: Philosophy
Overall GPA: 3.59 (last 60 ~3.7)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8-3.85 depending
GRE: 165V 163Q 5AWA

Extra-Curric/Jobs/Etc: Years of teaching experience, creative endeavors, nothing very remarkable honestly.

Volunteer: 110 hours inpatient rehab, 40 hours hand therapy, 30 hours pediatrics, 10 hours pediatrics in school setting

Applying: SJSU, Rush, U of Washington, WSSU

Acceptances: N/A

Rejections: N/A

Just was verified, so we'll see what happens....Will update when notified.
Good luck everyone

Congratulations on such an impressive GRE score! I tend to agree with you, I like having insight into what the committees might be looking for. However, it is also very stressful comparing myself to so many others.

Reactions: 2 users
University: University of Wisconsin-Parkside
Major: Psychology with biology minor
Overall GPA: 3.17 (last 60 hours ~3.5)
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.7 (higher for some schools, depends on their pre-reqs)
GRE: Verbal: 156 Quantitative: 152 Analytical: 4

Extra: Volunteer at Southern Wisconsin Center, Psi Chi, Bearcat Buddies, Chem Cats, symBIOsis, research assistant in auditory perception and cognition lab and experiment leader, CPR/AED/First Aid certified, CPI certified

Volunteer (observation): ~40 hours in pediatric clinic, ~200 hours at Southern Wisconsin Center (adult facility)

Work: Support Staff at an autism college, Daily living skills therapist, Occupational therapy aide at Health Dimensions Rehabilitation, intern (working with an OT and a psychologist) at southern Wisconsin center, counselor for individuals with disabilities, independent in home care for kids with autism/SPD, 2 years behavioral therapist for kids with autism, caregiver for little girl who has reactive attachment disorder/SPD and her two sisters.

Letters of recommendation: Advisor, professor, work supervisor, two OTs.

Applied: Rush University, University of Illinois Chicago, University of Southern California, Medical University of South Carolina, Thomas Jefferson University, Tufts University, Midwestern University (Illinois), University of Pittsburg, Chatham University, University of New England, The Ohio State University

Acceptances:

Rejections: UIC, Chatham University, University of Pittsburg, Rush University, Ohio State, Midwestern IL

Wait-listed: Tufts

Interviews: Thomas Jefferson University

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
University: University of Wisconsin-Parkside
Major: Psychology with biology minor
Overall GPA: 3.0 (last 60 hours ~3.5)
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.7 (higher for some schools, depends on their pre-reqs)
GRE: 310

Extra-Curric: Psi Chi, Bearcat Buddies, Chem Cats, symBIOsis, research lab experience

Volunteer (observation): ~40 hours in pediatric clinic, ~100 hours at Southern Wisconsin Center

Work: intern at southern Wisconsin center, counselor for individuals with disabilities, independent in home work with kids with autism/SPD, 2 years behavioral therapist for kids with autism, caregiver for little girl who has reactive attachment disorder and her two sisters.

Applied: Rush University, University of Illinois Chicago, University of Southern California, Medical University of South Carolina, Thomas Jefferson University, Tufts University, Midwestern University (Illinois), University of Pittsburg, Chatham University, University of New England, The Ohio State University

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews:

My application was just verified 10/17/14 so I've just been getting the generic "we're looking over your application and will let you know" e-mails.

Hi, I also worked as a home care aid independently and now work with an agency. How did you list it in your work experience? Mine is for an elderly couple and I don't think they would be comfortable having me give out their number in case they were called, and they don't have email.

Last edited:
Hi, I also worked as a home care aid independently for 2 years and now work with an agency. How did you list it in your work experience? Are you saying the parents as the employer/supervisor with contact info? Mine is for an elderly couple and I don't think they would be comfortable having me give out their number in case they were called, and they don't have email. I'm just a little confused

Hi! For the OTCAS application I don't remember them asking for any of that sort of information and on my resume I have it formatted so that I don't list any of my supervisors names or information. I just list "independent in home care" where I would normally list the name of a company. I put "references available upon request" so that if someone wants to talk to any of my supervisors or anything I can give them the information and let the family I work for know ahead of time for sure that someone is going to be calling them. I do a lot of private work so I'm not comfortable listing any of their information on resumes or anything. I hope that helps!

Does anyone know what the prerequisites are for Dominican? I feel like I'm starting to lose my mind after reading so many websites and I can't seem to find a list of their prerequisites, help would be appreciated. Wishing you all the best of luck!

Hi! For the OTCAS application I don't remember them asking for any of that sort of information and on my resume I have it formatted so that I don't list any of my supervisors names or information. I just list "independent in home care" where I would normally list the name of a company. I put "references available upon request" so that if someone wants to talk to any of my supervisors or anything I can give them the information and let the family I work for know ahead of time for sure that someone is going to be calling them. I do a lot of private work so I'm not comfortable listing any of their information on resumes or anything. I hope that helps!

Thanks so much! I don't apply until next year so I wasn't exactly sure how it was formatted for work experience, but this helps a lot:) good luck with the application process!

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I don't apply until next year so I didn't know exactly how it was formatted for work experience, but this helps a lot:) good luck with the application process!

No problem! Yeah for the OTCAS they just ask for your title, description of your experience, total hours, and your start and end date. Some supplemental applications will ask you for a resume but thats totally up to you on how you format yours. Thanks! Good luck next year! Let me know if you have any other questions!

University: University Nevada Las Vegas/Boyd School of Law
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.56
GRE: Verbal 157; Quantitative 153; Writing 4

Volunteer/Observation: 233 Hours observation hours. Pediatric OT/Hippotherapy (213 hours), Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital (20 hours)

Work Experience: 600+ hours Mental Health Technician at the state Psychiatric Hospital, 100+ hrs Basic skills training/Psychosocial rehabilitation working with at risk youth and children with developmental delays, and years of art experience

Applied to: Touro Nevada, Rush, UIC, USC, SJSU, Midwestern Glendale Campus

Acceptances: Touro Nevada

Rejections:

Interviews: Touro University Nevada, Rush University

Last edited:
For those who applied to USC, I'm assuming it was for the early decision period. Does that mean you plan on attending USC if accepted? I am just wondering about how strict they are about being committed if applying for early decision and how bad it is to decline if accepted. USC is my 2nd choice school (due to cost) and I haven't heard back yet from my 1st choice so I'm debating whether I should apply for the early decision or just wait until February.

Has anyone heard back from Temple yet?

Nope! Nothing at all! Not even an email to say they received my application. I obtained my bachelor's from Temple, so I'm hoping they will take me! Although, I've heard they try not to take their own! :eek:

Got accepted into the OTD program at Washington University in St. Louis today!!!!! Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 7 users
I love reading these so I thought i'd share!

University: TU
GPA: 3.84 for now (graduate May 2015)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9-4.0 depending on the school's prereqs
MAT: 417/ 78th percentile
Volunteer/Extracurricular: 2 notable leadership positions (service chair), honors program, Dean's list for 5 semesters, tutor for kids k-8, study abroad, research assistant, TA for A&P I

Applied to: Temple University, Thomas Jefferson University, Salus University, Midwestern IL

Interviews: Salus University (10/23), Midwestern IL (declined), Thomas Jefferson University (12/19), Temple University (2/13)
Waitlisted: Thomas Jefferson (2/5)
Acceptances: Salus University (10/29), Temple University (2/18)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I love reading these so I thought i'd share!

University: TU
GPA: 3.82 for now (graduate May 2015)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9-4.0 depending on the school's prereqs
MAT: 417/ 78th percentile
Volunteer/Extracurricular: 2 notable leadership positions (service chair), honors program, Dean's list for 5 semesters, tutor for kids k-8, study abroad, and some others

Applied to: Temple University, Thomas Jefferson University, Salus University, Richard Stockton College of NJ, Midwestern IL

Interviews: Salus University, Midwestern IL (declined)
Acceptances: Salus University (10/29)
Holy cow good for you on those fantastic stats!! Good luck in grad school, your hard work is paying off!

Holy cow good for you on those fantastic stats!! Good luck in grad school, your hard work is paying off!

Thank you, that seriously made my day! For a long time, it felt like I was working hard for no reason but I am finally able to say it paid off! Best of luck to you with your applications :)

Got accepted into the OTD program at Washington University in St. Louis today!!!!! Good luck everyone :)
Did you get an e-mail or was it in snail mail??? I applied to the MOT program there, so hopefully I will be hearing back soon too!

What are my chances of getting into schools with my bad gre score?
Major: therapeutic recreation
Gpa: 3.7 (one semester left)
Pre req: 3.8
Gre 142/147 writing 4.5

105 hours in 4 settings
My curriculum for my major has fieldwork in hospitals and clinics so I've done a lot of hours with special populations, deans list for 3 years, student occupational therapy association, and I've done a lot of volunteer opportunities

Applying to: Philadelphia university, temple, Thomas jefferson. Kean. Seton hall, and alvernia

My number one choice is Philadelphia university but I'm worried about my gre score

Jen,

Did you, by any chance, go to Temple for TR? That's where I went for my undergrad years ago. My graduate program told me that GRE's are such a poor indicator of a person's ability to be a "good" graduate student. I wouldn't worry so much about your GRE because your experiences and GPA trumps everything else.

Good luck!

What are my chances of getting into schools with my bad gre score?
Major: therapeutic recreation
Gpa: 3.7 (one semester left)
Pre req: 3.8
Gre 142/147 writing 4.5

105 hours in 4 settings
My curriculum for my major has fieldwork in hospitals and clinics so I've done a lot of hours with special populations, deans list for 3 years, student occupational therapy association, and I've done a lot of volunteer opportunities

Applying to: Philadelphia university, temple, Thomas jefferson. Kean. Seton hall, and alvernia

My number one choice is Philadelphia university but I'm worried about my gre score

Jen,

Did you, by any chance, go to Temple for TR? That's where I went for my undergrad years ago. My graduate program told me that GRE's are such a poor indicator of a person's ability to be a "good" graduate student. I wouldn't worry so much about your GRE because your experiences and GPA trumps everything else.

Good luck!
I actually am going to Kean but I have met many temple students and gone to a conference there! But yeah I decided to retake the GRE in a month..can't hurt :/

Jen,

Good luck!
Also where are you/ did you go for graduate school?

Did you get an e-mail or was it in snail mail??? I applied to the MOT program there, so hopefully I will be hearing back soon too!

I got an email last Thursday! I submitted by OTCAS on Sep 15th and it was verified the 30th :)

I interviewed with Huntington University still waiting to hear back.

Holy moly, y'all.... I'm getting so nervous. I told myself I wouldn't look at forums because it definitely isn't helping my jitters, but here I am. Instead of just lurking, I figured I ought to contribute.

University: Duke University
Major: Psychology (Concentration: Developmental) Minor: Evolutionary Anthropology
Overall GPA: 3.48
GRE: Verbal 162, Quantitive 156, Writing 4.5

Volunteer Experience: Ped Outpatient Rehabilitation Volunteer (55hrs) Shadowing School's OT (15hrs), Hem/Onc Classroom Volunteer (89hrs), Boys and Girls Club Tutor (80hrs), and a few other volunteer experiences in schools, baseball league for disabled kiddos (in the 10-20 hrs range)
Work Experience: Currently-Special Education EA; Previously- Research Assistant in pediatric ADHD study, Research Assistant in social psychology lab, and again a couple other random college jobs that don't really add up to anything

Applying To: Boston University, Thomas Jefferson, Sacred Heart, San Jose, Samuel Merritt, Tufts University, U Sciences

Acceptances: Thomas Jefferson (Jan), Boston University (Feb), Tufts University (Feb), U Sciences (Feb)
Interviews: Thomas Jefferson, Samuel Merritt (declined), Sacred Heart (declined)

Will update with more information as I find out. Best of luck to everyone (with admissions and nerves!)

Last edited:
Holy moly, y'all.... I'm getting so nervous. I told myself I wouldn't look at forums because it definitely isn't helping my jitters, but here I am. Instead of just lurking, I figured I ought to contribute.

Major: Psychology (Concentration: Developmental) Minor: Evolutionary Anthropology

Volunteer Experience: Ped Outpatient Rehabilitation Volunteer (55hrs) Shadowing School's OT (15hrs), Hem/Onc Classroom Volunteer (89hrs), Boys and Girls Club Tutor (80hrs), and a few other volunteer experiences in schools, baseball league for disabled kiddos (in the 10-20 hrs range)
Work Experience: Currently-Special Education EA; Previously- Research Assistant in pediatric ADHD study, Research Assistant in social psychology lab, and again a couple other random college jobs that don't really add up to anything

Applying To: Boston University, Sacred Heart, Thomas Jefferson, University of Sciences, Temple, San Jose, Samuel Merritt

Interviews: Thomas Jefferson

...and lastly question: I live in the Pacific NW and flying out to Philadelphia for the Jefferson interview during December is mad expensive (upwards of $1000). Has anyone ever heard of them accommodating long distance applicants with Skype interviews? I know it obviously isn't going to show them as much commitment from me, and it'd be ideal to fly out, but I'm hoping I get more than one interview and since all the schools are far I'm worried those costs are going to add up. So, heard of anyone doing Skype interviews? Any advice?

Will update with more information as I find out. Best of luck to everyone (with admissions and nerves!)

When did you hear about an interview from Jeff?

Applying To: Boston University, Sacred Heart, Thomas Jefferson, University of Sciences, Temple, San Jose, Samuel Merritt

Interviews: Thomas Jefferson

...and lastly question: I live in the Pacific NW and flying out to Philadelphia for the Jefferson interview during December is mad expensive (upwards of $1000). Has anyone ever heard of them accommodating long distance applicants with Skype interviews? I know it obviously isn't going to show them as much commitment from me, and it'd be ideal to fly out, but I'm hoping I get more than one interview and since all the schools are far I'm worried those costs are going to add up. So, heard of anyone doing Skype interviews? Any advice?

Congratulations! Just curious, when in December? And to answer your question, this is the first year TJU is doing interviews. So maybe they would be more open to Skype interviews, or maybe not. Its kind of up in the air because they're piloting it, couldn't hurt to ask though!

Congratulations! Just curious, when in December? And to answer your question, this is the first year TJU is doing interviews. So maybe they would be more open to Skype interviews, or maybe not. Its kind of up in the air because they're piloting it, couldn't hurt to ask though!

I'm just curious, has anyone heard mention of why TJU decided to implement interviews this year?

I'm just curious, has anyone heard mention of why TJU decided to implement interviews this year?

It's interesting that a school would add interviews. The one school I applied to that used to do interviews, but stopped, because they only wanted to focus on accepting students with a certain GPA and/or GRE scores. Maybe Jeff is applying an approach where they look at an applicant as a whole rather than what their grades are, so they can select the applicant they know will be successful.

I think this is a good idea because there are some OT's out there that I'm sure are extremely intelligent, but they lack bedside manners when working with clients.

Reactions: 1 users
Also where are you/ did you go for graduate school?

Sorry for delay in response Jenn!

Good luck on your GRE's!. I'm currently at Western Michigan University. Awesome school and professors, but I still miss living near a big city and being close to a lot of medical facilities that I used to volunteer/intern at.

I sent an email inquiring, but I've yet to hear a response. There were a few dates in November, but there were selected within the first few days. The December dates were the 5th, 12th,19th, and 22nd.

Am I the only one having day to day anxiety about this process? First of not getting into a program, and if you do get in, some options might end up being too far and or if you get into your last option but having it be too expensive? I'm applying to 6 schools but really only want to go to 2 because of price and convenience. Would be lucky to get into any of them, but I feel like this is such a hopeless process

Reactions: 7 users