GPR/AEGD for international dentists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It does, whatever is added to your CV helps. This doesn't mean guarantee or anything - nothing in this process is guaranteed in any way - but it is possible.
I also know of FTDs in specialties that didn't go through AEGD or MPH - so anything is possible. Yes it is difficult, but nothing is impossible, but you need to give them a reason to even look at your application.
You do need to know your background and see if it is practical to think about it or not though. And if going for a post-grad program, I'd definitely get to know the people and director of the program.

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone have any information on the job opportunities for dentists with a BDS and aegd thereafter? Many FTD's have mentioned that the opportunities after a DDS are more than those with an aegd only. I'm not sure how accurate this information is.
Also I confirmed with the state board on Illinois and an aegd will give you eligibility to for an Illinois dental licence :D.
Would anyone know whether there is any form of reciprocity after obtaining a dental licence in one state, in that can one use a licence of one state to be eligible to apply to another state without a DDS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! If your're an international dentist living in DC and interested in doing an internship at the American Implant Institute of Dentistry in Washington DC please e-mail us your resume at [email protected]. You'll learn a lot about implants and implant related products.

Reactions: 1 user
well we're still talkin about 7 or 8 states (i think new york is on the list 2 though its not mentioned in this ADA pdf file)...what more could we need? its nt like a city..its a state! i dunno..maybe the fact that i am 30 years old and have been workin for the past 7 years is makin me reluctant to go for any option where i have to start from scratch and and take so big loans all over again..

Please i want ur help

Hey everyone! I am a dentist from India.. I graduated a few years back (BDS) and have been practicing in India ever since. I have been looking for options to go to the U.S. I haven't been to the U.S. before and haven't written nbde. Does anyone know if I have a change at the AEGD program. Is there anyone who has applied or is applying to the same program? It'll be really helpful if anyone could help me on this !!

Hi, could anyone please let me know, what is different between PASS and Match, what is pros ad cons on both.
thanks in advance.

Hi Sara,

For Virginia, that's a great option. When applying, keep in mind that VAs or any other program that is state-affilitated will likely prefer citizens over GC holders. This is usually unofficial information, but I've talked to several directors that did admit that it's true. Also they'll likely prefer US dental school graduates as well.
For you to make it your application will need to be amazing and I'd also pick a couple of programs that are high on your list and visit their clinic, volunteer if you can, etc so they know and like you. Plan on spending a ton of time on your personal statement as well.
Thank you so much for your reply. I have to start preparing for next year. As for this year I didn't get accept. It was my third year to apply

Hey .. Are there any AEGD PROGRAMS that do not require NBDE TO APPLY

It depends on the University you apply to. I was accepted at Eastman dental center in 2008 but could not move to Rochester due to personal problems but I applied again this year for the program starting in 2011, I already had my interview but they don´t answer until late Jan 2011. Hope everything goes ok like in the first time...:xf:

All I can tell you is that everybody is a good candidate son don´t be nervous, if you are the one they are looking for... you will get in n matter how much or little experience you have!!!
Hi
I wanna ask u please when did you apply for it? Is it on the rolling basis? ??

Hey apply to AEGD soon, like Uconn! thet just need fresh grads. apply early.
Hey sashi! I'm looking forward to apply in UConn for AEGD. What requirements do you think I need to fulfill to increase my chances of getting inn? I would really appreciate if you could help me out

Hey I also heard a lot about this aegd and gpr program. I am recent foreign dental graduate.
What I want to know is that is DDS a must for this aegd prog. Or this is an alternate route to get license instead of going for DDS
And can please some body tell exact states in US offering this aegd and gpr progs.

Quite confused right now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

:(:(I am a graduate from India, just finished in 2009 and have just completed my NBDE part 1 this june (scored 83) and NBDE part 2 this Sept (scored 78). Does anyone know what oppertunities may be available for me to get into th US dental System. I am Presently applyin to DDS, AEGD, GPR, and postdoctoral pros programs... I am very confused as to if i should apply to anything or not as my scores seem quite poor.. My GPA is only 3.55 i too have only 1 yr rotational Internship as experience....:(:(

Also, Does anyone know the national mean average of the NBDE part 2 scores that we may be able to use to compare our scores accordingly?
did u get accepted yet dear ?

I am wondering what made u say that? I had also applied to AEGD at UConn last year but didnt even get shortlisted for an interview. my stats were good too i guess

nbde I/ II 90/88
TOEFL 112
GPA 4
with MDS and no gap in studies or work experience.

Do you think its worth trying again this year?? I probably applied a bit late last time. Do you know of any FTD being selected at UConn?????
did u get accepted now dear ??

hi!!! i'm a foreign trained dentist but a resident of kentucky. i was trying to apply for the advanced standing program in U of Louisville but they closed it temporarily. i dont know if they have the AEGD, but they do have the GPR. can somebody give me more ideas how i can get into the program coz i just found out about these programs today thank you!!!

Hi ,

I am in nyc ...and I am a FTD can I get admission in GPA or aegd in Nyu..what are the possibilities of getting admission plus can I practice in nyc without doing my DDs ?