Grad Plus Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buckeye4lyfe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the grad plus loan. Will I have trouble passing the credit check?

- I have a balance on my credit card, but I still make the monthly payments on time. And I'm working on paying off the balance ($1000). It still has made my credit score be considered "fair".

- I have no collections, no derogatory marks, and only one payment that was 30 days late (like two years ago), but it's paid and the account is current.

Will any of these mean a rejection of the grad plus due to credit history?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Nah, you should be fine. The grad plus loan is to fulfill your remaining balance. So I am assuming if you have bad credit, they won't give you the full amount, but enough and some more to pay off your tuition for the year.

I have a question about the grad plus loan. Will I have trouble passing the credit check?

- I have a balance on my credit card, but I still make the monthly payments on time. And I'm working on paying off the balance ($1000). It still has made my credit score be considered "fair".

- I have no collections, no derogatory marks, and only one payment that was 30 days late (like two years ago), but it's paid and the account is current.

Will any of these mean a rejection of the grad plus due to credit history?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No. You will be fine. See here for information on what constitutes an adverse credit history for the purposes of applying for the Grad PLUS.

Members don't see this ad :)
think so,enough and some more to pay off your tuition for the year.
11.gif