Grad School for Existential/Humanistic Psychology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You guys obviously didn't watch the show at all so your comments make no sense. The program purposely chose THREE "shrinks" from THREE different backgrounds (licensed psychologist, licensed psychotherapist, and NYU grad school graduate who acts as a life coach) in order to show the behind-the-scenes personal struggles all 3 go through. Its conveyed pretty clearly throughout the show. So your comments make no sense. You should really think about watching the show if you want to give commentary on something you've never actually seen before.

I'll embarrass myself here and admit that I did watch the show and it was every bit as horrific as is being portrayed here. The ads pretty much told you everything you need to know about it anyway, though the actual show itself was even worse. I think others have covered my general thoughts on it. I'll add that there is definitely some deliberate confusion about who is a "doctor" and who is a "psychologist," likely preying on the fact that most patients don't know the difference. Of course, nothing sensible that's said on this board seems to get through to you anyway, so this was likely a futile effort. Sigh.

Members don't see this ad.

Point Park U. has a new Clinical/Community MA program that is existential/humanistic in orientation.

Hello, I wish to go to graduate school for Existential/Humanistic Psychology. I am fascinated by this branch of Psychology; fear the conventional approach will bore the hell out of me. I am disposed to philosophy, go figure.

I have many questions, the main one being- what does a career look like for one with a track in this sector of Psychology?

I have narrowed down the Schools specializing in this branch such as Pacifica University, Saybrook, Sofia, West Georgia et. al. I am so curious what the real life career prospects and realities are for those who have graduated from a Graduate school for Existential/Humanistic Psychology - both Masters and Ph.D.

All related entries welcome on this subject. Thank you!
Saybrook is not accredited by any professional organization- not APA, CACREP or COAFTME. Many of their "professors" are nuts and most of the big names who were once associated with them are now deceased.