Grad school X2 and AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wholeheartedly

Epi Geek
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
(For the purposes of this post, let's ignore any discussion or debate about the importance of grad school GPAs. I'm considering mine to be more of an EC, but would still like to know the answer to my question as it's relevant to my goofy circumstances)

Can anyone with experience reviewing apps tell me how this might show up to med schools?

After undergrad I went to grad school, had some medical issues, tanked a 6 credit class (C) and withdrew the following semester. Took a brief break and enrolled in another undergrad program that lead to gainful employment and killed it. Worked two years and now in grad school again while working and about to finish strong.

The question is, will the grad GPAs just be one pooled score or will it show there were two separate instances along with a pooled GPA ?

@gyngyn or @Goro or @QofQuimica

Members don't see this ad.

AACOMAS pools your graduate GA into a cGPA. We can see both ugGPA and post-bac/gradGPA.

The 2nd grad program will make up for the first.

(For the purposes of this post, let's ignore any discussion or debate about the importance of grad school GPAs. I'm considering mine to be more of an EC, but would still like to know the answer to my question as it's relevant to my goofy circumstances)

Can anyone with experience reviewing apps tell me how this might show up to med schools?

After undergrad I went to grad school, had some medical issues, tanked a 6 credit class (C) and withdrew the following semester. Took a brief break and enrolled in another undergrad program that lead to gainful employment and killed it. Worked two years and now in grad school again while working and about to finish strong.

The question is, will the grad GPAs just be one pooled score or will it show there were two separate instances along with a pooled GPA ?

@gyngyn or @Goro or @QofQuimica

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks, how about AMCAS, anyone know how this would be displayed?

@Catalystik
Here is how the Verified Grade Point Averages will look: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/attachments/screen-shot-2011-07-04-at-1-03-14-pm-jpg.17272/

Your undergrad classes that came after after the bachelors degree would appear on the Postbaccalaureate Undergraduate line. On the line below that, the college and postbac undergrad are merged. Both grad program's GPAs will be merged (pooled). Your complete transcript showing the dates for each program in which you engaged would be available for microanalysis.

Reactions: 1 user